MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
when renting Chevalier Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 3 03-26-2011 05:15 PM
Renting from Coldex Linh First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-04-2010 03:35 PM

Renting an Apartment

Old 04-20-2016 at 12:33 AM   #1
JessA78

Liked: 0 Times

Renting an Apartment
I'll be renting an apartment (2-3 bdrm) for first year and was wondering when I should start the whole process of physically looking at apartments, talking to people, etc? I'd like to start my lease beginning Sept 2016 (if that's possible??) but I was unsure if I was allowed to do that (due to all rooms being rented out, or them not allowing me to sign for Sept occupancy in May/June). I'm really at a loss when it comes to the process of renting, and its stressing me out a little that I can't seem to find anything online about it.

So basically, should I be acting now for a sept occupancy (I'm eyeing Beverly Hills apts if that makes a difference), and would I be able to sign a lease in the early summer for sept occupancy, or is there better way to do all this?

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2016 at 12:05 PM   #2
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

It all depends on the landlord. Most landlords are unwilling to only do 8 month leases because theyre greedy AF and want more money. However, if they have stuff leftover near the beginning of the school year then they'll most likely be willing to do an 8 month lease. I don't know about Beverly Hills, you'll probably want to ask what length the lease would be. If you're from out of town then probably set a day in the summer where you'll book all your housing appointments so you can see them all at once. I looked at the Beverly Hills apartments once and it seemed really old and sketchy.