Teachers' College Anyone? Ivan Q. Academics 12 03-06-2010 12:35 AM
College pro or 'action go' Sasha General Discussion 140 11-17-2009 09:45 PM
College Transfer Question dan1991 General Discussion 2 11-13-2009 11:19 AM

Req to get into Eng. after 2 yr College Program

Old 04-02-2011 at 04:17 PM   #1
Loboz

Liked: 0 Times

Req to get into Eng. after 2 yr College Program
So I'm finishing a 2 year technician course at Mohawk. Afterwards I plan to work for a year and then get into the Engineering Program at Mac, hopefully for 2012.

Doesn't look like any of the courses I took in College would directly help me get into Engineering and my marks in highschool averaged around 70-75%. So I plan on upgrading my highschool marks in Chem, Physics and Calc (plan on doing it at eastgate, apparently they have a mini school in the second floor).

Just wondering if getting a high average in those 3 (well 4 cause I think highschool splits calc into 2 semesters), along with my 2 year Technician course would be enough to get me into the Engineering Program or if I would have to go through an addition 2 level U courses to get in.

Any information/ experiences would be helpful, however I would also like to know who I should talk to about this at Mac. Phone or email would be nice although I'd rather know what room number I can find them in, I would rather go in and talk to them face to face

Found this link but not sure who I should contact:

http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/contacts.html
Old 04-02-2011 at 04:33 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Engineering building (JHE) 2nd floor, office at the end verrry of the hall when you turn left up the main stairs. Go during business hours and inquire who you can speak to. Theres an academic advisor almost always there. Check out the engineering site under future students for more information.

Loboz says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 04-02-2011 at 04:35 PM   #3
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

Hello Loboz,

I recommend that you see the Admissions section of
the Registrar's Office located at Gilmour Hall - Room 108.

They should be able to provide an answer to your questions.

I have a friend who went to Mac after obtaining his college
diploma for Civil Eng and Technology at Humber College.
They made him redo first year and exempted him from three courses.

Anyway, good luck!

Loboz says thanks to VastHorizon for this post.
Old 04-02-2011 at 04:43 PM   #4
Loboz

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks guys, pretty much what I was looking for.
Old 04-02-2011 at 09:58 PM   #5
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Like Loboz said you will most liekly have do redo the alot of first year courses over agian..sucks unless you wanted Bachelor of Tech