MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Residence or Off Campus? You Choose kokosas Residence & Off-Campus Living 17 05-27-2013 06:13 PM
From off-campus to residence. _Luu_ Residence & Housing 9 01-12-2010 05:26 PM
DC++ On Campus (Not residence) Pay919 General Discussion 21 09-17-2009 05:16 PM
Best Residence on campus? kanishka Residence & Housing 39 07-10-2009 10:12 PM
Best residence room on campus? watchword General Discussion 8 12-03-2007 10:59 AM

Residence Vs Off Campus

Old 09-18-2010 at 04:10 PM   #16
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
I once came with my friend with my friend from the GO bus I had to pay 12 dollers for 2 ways!! but i know a month pass is cheaper but it was like a 45min commute

so Id rather go near campus

But any one know the prices??? for Campus res?

And If I can have no meal plan and get my own food?

What does the meal plan consist? does it have like timmis and stuff like that or no? cafe food?

Where in Missisauga do you live that it took you 45 mins to get to Mac?

I don't know the exact prices, I just gave you one that I knew of. I'll look into them though.

You can't skip a meal plan if you're on residence. It's mandatory.

And the meal card can be used anywhere on campus. We have so many nice places to eat at Mac

mfattal says thanks to AelyaS for this post.
Old 09-18-2010 at 04:13 PM   #17
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

I live near erin mills
me and my friend go with his car to oakvil to the bus station then to mac

all that together took around 45min last time because the bus stops couple of times on the way to pick some ppl up
Old 09-18-2010 at 04:15 PM   #18
mfattal
Elite Member

and for the meal plan is it just a card with money? that we buy food from? theres a good place that i saw were u can get a bagle and coffe for like 3 bux dont know what its called though

ive only been to mcmaster twice, once to play soccer and other time just to look around
Old 09-18-2010 at 04:16 PM   #19
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

I live about 7 minutes away from Trafalgar/407, and I take the 47 (or its variants) every morning. It takes me about 30 minutes.
Old 09-18-2010 at 04:48 PM   #20
mfattal
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
I live about 7 minutes away from Trafalgar/407, and I take the 47 (or its variants) every morning. It takes me about 30 minutes.
Ya thats not to bad
Old 09-18-2010 at 05:17 PM   #21
Nightfoot

Liked: 0 Times

The price for residence varies with what kind of room you have. All the prices for both your residence and meal plan are listed here: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /future/residence.html

The meal plan is basically just your student card. If you've bought a meal plan (which you will have if you're in residence) you just swipe your ID card to pay for things. It also works for non-food purchases, like at the bookstore.

mfattal says thanks to Nightfoot for this post.
Old 09-19-2010 at 01:52 AM   #22
doug

Liked: 82 Times

The only problem I had with the meal plan is that you never actually feel like you're paying because you just swipe a card.

So for awhile I just kept swiping and swiping and swiping and didn't foresee any consequences.

Oh lord... the day that I couldn't pay for my nachos shall be remembered in history.