MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
2011 Residence-Wide Energy Challenge sarrah66 MacInsiders Announcements 0 02-28-2011 12:56 AM
Residence-Wide Formal 2009 ~*Sara*~ MacInsiders Announcements 49 11-08-2009 10:01 AM

Residence-Wide Energy Challenger (RWEC) - March 1st - March 21st

MARCH IS ALL ABOUT SUSTAINABILITY. Do your part and work to conserve energy in YOUR residence building! There are SO many ways to conserve energy. Let us hear how YOU are contributing to this initiative.

Join the discussion board: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2113095 15549136

SHARE WAYS TO CONSERVE ENERGY! The residence which conserves the most energy during this time period will be named the ENERGY CHALLENGE CHAMPIONS and win a trophy for their building. Students who exhibit exceptional leadership in terms of energy conservation will also be commended at the Inter-Residence Council's Residence Recognition Night on March 24th!

CURRENT STATS:

For more information please visit: http://mcmaster.ca/sustainability/e_...g e_2011.html

Sarrah Lal
Vice-President Communications 2010-12
Inter-Residence Council
Published by

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-15-2011 at 10:41 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member
Year: Other

Liked: 2,314 Times
Go......! Err, I can't tell whos winning or what these numbers mean
  Deleted Post Deleted Post
Old 03-15-2011 at 11:37 AM   #3
Chevalier
Elite Member
Program: not entirely sure
Year: Second
Residence: SOCS!

Liked: 203 Times
i think the % is the % saved over the base line, therefore the higher the % the better off your doing, so even though moultan is winning rihgt now, GO BATES (close second sort of i guess )
Old 03-15-2011 at 12:21 PM   #4
Pay919
Program: Life Science
Year: Fourth

Liked: 57 Times
The chart is quite confusing.
Perhaps the columns could be renamed and rearranged to make it easier to understand.

Maybe the headings could be:
Residence :: Previous CO2 Emission :: Current CO2 Emission :: Change in CO2 Emission :: % Change in CO2 Emission

Units would be very helpful too and also, because each residence has a different number of residents, it would be helpful to represent the values on an average per student

Old 03-15-2011 at 12:23 PM   #5
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer
Program: Chemical Biology
Residence: SOCS (formerly Bates)

Liked: 447 Times
Hold on just one second.... Bates is one of the more energy efficient residences? this place is ancient...

Mind=BLOWN!

Chevalier likes this.
Old 03-15-2011 at 12:36 PM   #6
Scuderia
RocketSaurus

Liked: 110 Times
this is confusing

why is hedden -289?
Old 03-15-2011 at 08:00 PM   #7
sarrah66
Program: CHEMICAL BIOLOGY
Year: Third
Residence: WALLY

Liked: 22 Times
Hey guys,

So I'll post a clarifying note on the.. err.. post itself. However, just to make things a little clearer right now:

TOTAL % = TOTAL % ENERGY CONSERVED (relative to the "baseline" energy consumption as measured the week prior to Reading week)

CO2 = Energy conserved in the units of "g of CO2 Equivalents" which relates the amount of energy conserved more closely to the environmental impact. The first "CO2" value corresponds to the amount of g CO2 equivalents of energy conserved during the last MEASURED time period (2 or 3 days).

CO2 TOTAL = Same as above but gives the TOTAL amount of energy conserved (in units of g CO2 Equivalents) since Day 1 of the challenge.

*A negative number means that the residence used MORE energy than that measured during the "baseline" energy measurements.

Let me know if you have any further questions; however, the Sustainability website is also quite helpful in explaining this
Old 03-18-2011 at 09:38 PM   #8
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.
Program: ???
Year: Other
Residence: ???

Liked: 611 Times
Does "CO2" bother anyone as much as it bothers me?
Old 03-20-2011 at 12:16 AM   #9
sarrah66
Program: CHEMICAL BIOLOGY
Year: Third
Residence: WALLY

Liked: 22 Times
it's grams of CO2 equivalents. And why does it bother you?

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search