MacInsiders Logo
Old 05-23-2011 at 09:29 PM   #1
Joyceyblank

Liked: 3 Times

Residency help???
Is Les Prince the only rez that has single w/ washroom? 'cause I read somewhere that edward's single w/ washroom isnt available for first years...

thanks
Old 05-23-2011 at 10:20 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyceyblank View Post
Is Les Prince the only rez that has single w/ washroom? 'cause I read somewhere that edward's single w/ washroom isnt available for first years...

thanks
I'm pretty sure Edwards only has 2 doubles with washrooms.

And aren't suites and apartments also singles with washrooms, or is there a choice for those too?
Old 05-23-2011 at 10:34 PM   #3
particle
Elite Member

Liked: 30 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I'm pretty sure Edwards only has 2 doubles with washrooms.

And aren't suites and apartments also singles with washrooms, or is there a choice for those too?
Suites = Mary E. Keyes = 4 rooms + 2 washrooms + kitchen

Apartments = Bates = one of (4 bedrooms + 1 washroom + kitchen) or (6 bedrooms + 2 washrooms + kitchen)

note: one person / bedroom, just as clarification.

It would make sense to pick one of these for the kitchen, though you could also pretend they were single rooms, because they technically are and you're sharing the washroom with less people.
Old 05-23-2011 at 11:24 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by particle View Post
Suites = Mary E. Keyes = 4 rooms + 2 washrooms + kitchen

Apartments = Bates = one of (4 bedrooms + 1 washroom + kitchen) or (6 bedrooms + 2 washrooms + kitchen)

note: one person / bedroom, just as clarification.

It would make sense to pick one of these for the kitchen, though you could also pretend they were single rooms, because they technically are and you're sharing the washroom with less people.
Yeah, but I mean when you are choosing rooms, are there choices for suites and apartments? Because if there aren't, then I'm pretty sure they are considered as singles with washrooms.
Old 05-30-2011 at 11:28 PM   #5
spyridm

Liked: 46 Times

when you are filling out your residence portal application suites and apartments are listed separately along with singles, and singles with washroom -- they are all distinct options
Old 05-31-2011 at 12:10 AM   #6
schmane

Liked: 3 Times

As far as I'm concerned, yes Les Prince is the only one with single+bathrooms. My CA told me that some single rooms have bathrooms in other residences, but that's for the CA. Your only other option is, as everyone else said, to go suite style or apartment style. But they only come with two bathrooms for every four ppl. So you're still looking to share with someone. But it's better than sharing with the whole floor.

I was in Les Prince this past year. I highly recommend doing single with bathroom and double with bathroom as your top two, because you WANT Les Prince. It's a four minute walk (maybe three) from the student centre (I timed it), but that's not bad. It's sooo beautiful, you won't care.

Hope you enjoy mac!
Old 05-31-2011 at 01:08 PM   #7
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmane View Post
As far as I'm concerned, yes Les Prince is the only one with single+bathrooms. My CA told me that some single rooms have bathrooms in other residences, but that's for the CA.
not necessarily, there are very few singles with washrooms around various other residences that aren't for CAs
Although generally I've noticed that, aside from LP, most of the other singles with washrooms are given to upper years and not first years
Old 05-31-2011 at 02:28 PM   #8
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_hikari View Post
not necessarily, there are very few singles with washrooms around various other residences that aren't for CAs
Although generally I've noticed that, aside from LP, most of the other singles with washrooms are given to upper years and not first years
This ^^^

I lived in Woodstock 1st year and there was 1 room floors 2-6 that had their own private bathroom. Some floors had CAs in these rooms and some floors had upper years, but first years didn't get those rooms.
Don't stress too much about having your own bathroom, its really not a bad experience. Most of the time in residence you'll be the only one in the bathroom anyways, that was my experience.
Old 05-31-2011 at 02:43 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinabell View Post
This ^^^

I lived in Woodstock 1st year and there was 1 room floors 2-6 that had their own private bathroom. Some floors had CAs in these rooms and some floors had upper years, but first years didn't get those rooms.
Don't stress too much about having your own bathroom, its really not a bad experience. Most of the time in residence you'll be the only one in the bathroom anyways, that was my experience.
Very true. Also, having a common bathroom can actually be a good thing sometimes. Not only will it force you to get out of your room, but it also helps with socializing with people on your floor, believe it or not. I've had plenty of conversations in the bathroom my past 2 years in residence XD. Right Nicole ?
Old 05-31-2011 at 07:46 PM   #10
x_hikari

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Very true. Also, having a common bathroom can actually be a good thing sometimes. Not only will it force you to get out of your room, but it also helps with socializing with people on your floor, believe it or not. I've had plenty of conversations in the bathroom my past 2 years in residence XD. Right Nicole ?
DDDDDDD
wouldn't have met some awesome people in first year if it wasn't for a communal bathroom, would have been a hermit llooollloollloooolllo ooll

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 05-31-2011 at 08:31 PM   #11
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_hikari View Post
DDDDDDD
wouldn't have met some awesome people in first year if it wasn't for a communal bathroom, would have been a hermit llooollloollloooolllo ooll
Haha totally! Especially going to the other side of the hallway. Goood tiiimess !
Kylejc
This message has been removed by a moderator. .