MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mol Biol 3v03, 3ii3 marcie Academics 3 05-24-2011 05:44 PM
Mol Biol 3v03 jordan18 Academics 4 12-25-2010 11:04 PM
Who Needs Kinesiol 1yo3? Im Willing To Trade Imtiaz Academics 55 08-13-2010 09:33 PM
Sub Kinesiol 1A03 for 1Y03 sunshine3000 General Discussion 3 08-24-2009 11:40 AM
KINESIOL 1y03 Lamees Academics 1 08-23-2008 07:21 PM

Reviews for HTH SCI 2G03, KINESIOL 3A03, KINESIOL 3V03

Old 06-06-2011 at 08:10 PM   #1
_Luu_
Elite Member

Liked: 184 Times

Reviews for HTH SCI 2G03, KINESIOL 3A03, KINESIOL 3V03
I'm looking to take some electives that hopefully are relevant enough to my studies or at least something interesting, so some reviews for these courses are greatly appreciated. Or even some suggestions. Thanks!

What I'm thinking of so far:
HTH SCI 2G03 Epidemiology
KINESIOL 3A03 History of Exercise and Sport Medicine
KINESIOL 3V03 Sport Psychology

As you can tell, they're more or less health-related.

Last edited by _Luu_ : 06-06-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-06-2011 at 08:18 PM   #2
Vuci
magnus

Liked: 0 Times

HTH SCI 2G03 COURSE OUTLINE HERE: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...ces-28578.html

I've heard this course is easy but very very dryy..

Last edited by Vuci : 06-06-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-06-2011 at 08:24 PM   #3
manthanr

Liked: 22 Times

Epidemiology is a fairly easy course. I believe half the class stopped attending until the last few lectures yet everyone still did fine. The course had no midterm when I took it, just 2 group essays. The final exam was also fairly straight forward. Did not take any notes in the class. If you do the assigned readings and read over the lecture slides, you'll be fine for the exam.

_Luu_, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to manthanr for this post.
Old 06-06-2011 at 08:25 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuci View Post
HTH SCI 2G03 COURSE OUTLINE HERE: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...ces-28578.html

I've this course is easy but very very dryy..
That's also what I heard, but it sounds interesting to me as well. Maybe someone can give a little more insight into the course ?
Old 06-06-2011 at 08:40 PM   #5
whatup.

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
That's also what I heard, but it sounds interesting to me as well. Maybe someone can give a little more insight into the course ?
I have conflicted views on epi, but as others pointed out it is pretty dry, fairly easy, but if you use research articles and such for school/work/anything it's actually pretty helpful.
Essentially you learn about different types of study designs (case-control, cohort, RCTs, etc.), biases (in general, as well as in inherent biases in each study design), some screening/protective topics, survival analysis, and health economics. Then the subjects of the last two weeks are based on what you decide in tutorial, so like nutritional/environmental/other types of epidemiology.
Old 06-06-2011 at 08:53 PM   #6
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatup. View Post
Then the subjects of the last two weeks are based on what you decide in tutorial, so like nutritional/environmental/other types of epidemiology.
Pretty sure this is a lie he tells us, because he has the slides all done and ready in no time aka pretty sure he decides what we do himself.

And yeah, subject matter is useful but not very interesting. You essentially learn about different study types and how to understand things like confounding, risk, odd ratios, how to use life tables etc. It's not the most engaging material, and I'm fairly convinced the prof is a robot. Things would happen in class and he would just keep talking as if nothing was going on.

But the essay's were kinda fun, and the exam is easy(straight from the lecture slides).

_Luu_ says thanks to crazyfree for this post.