MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roll Up The Rim for Hamilton j0sh Clubs & Groups 1 04-06-2012 01:46 PM
Does anyone else win roll up the rim all the time? Rakim General Discussion 39 03-23-2011 11:03 AM
Provost's Honour Roll Carbs Academics 86 12-24-2010 07:42 PM
*cue drum roll* Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 10-29-2006 03:05 PM

Roll-up Keyboards

Old 01-26-2013 at 03:33 PM   #1
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Roll-up Keyboards
I used to play the piano a lot, but since moving out of my parents' place, I haven't had access to a piano or keyboard. I'd like to start playing again, nothing too serious, just a few songs here and there. The two problems are that I have very little money and absolutely nowhere to put a keyboard. I was thinking of getting one of the 61-key roll-up keyboards, but I'm not sure. Has anyone had any experience with these? Do the keys feel really weird compared to a normal piano or keyboard? Because from the pictures it looks totally flat, so I don't think you can feel the keys press down.

I'm also a bit sketchy about 61 keys, but I can get a roll-up 61-key for half the price of an 88-key roll-up, so I might just stick with the 61 keys.

It's about $30-40, if that makes any difference.
Old 01-26-2013 at 03:45 PM   #2
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
I used to play the piano a lot, but since moving out of my parents' place, I haven't had access to a piano or keyboard. I'd like to start playing again, nothing too serious, just a few songs here and there. The two problems are that I have very little money and absolutely nowhere to put a keyboard. I was thinking of getting one of the 61-key roll-up keyboards, but I'm not sure. Has anyone had any experience with these? Do the keys feel really weird compared to a normal piano or keyboard? Because from the pictures it looks totally flat, so I don't think you can feel the keys press down.

I'm also a bit sketchy about 61 keys, but I can get a roll-up 61-key for half the price of an 88-key roll-up, so I might just stick with the 61 keys.

It's about $30-40, if that makes any difference.
http://club.dx.com/reviews/text/25145

My friemd also bought one from hong kong similar to this. He is happy with everything except the midi. Also the octaves are correct you'll be happy to know
Old 01-26-2013 at 03:56 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSimon View Post
http://club.dx.com/reviews/text/25145

My friemd also bought one from hong kong similar to this. He is happy with everything except the midi. Also the octaves are correct you'll be happy to know
Thanks! Yeah that's the one I was looking at, I saw it on ebay.
Old 01-26-2013 at 04:06 PM   #4
ZSimon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Thanks! Yeah that's the one I was looking at, I saw it on ebay.
I recommend you buy it from eBay than this site. Their shipping is not best and they sometimes sell items which are unavailable.

starfish says thanks to ZSimon for this post.
Old 01-26-2013 at 04:19 PM   #5
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

This is cool! I thought from the thread title you were looking for a rollup computer keyboard to take on the go. But a roll up piano keyboard, thats neat. Haven't seen these before.

DX Rocks, but their shipping takes a long time to arrive. Can't complain when it's free though.

ZSimon likes this.
Old 01-26-2013 at 04:53 PM   #6
ZSimon
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
This is cool! I thought from the thread title you were looking for a rollup computer keyboard to take on the go. But a roll up piano keyboard, thats neat. Haven't seen these before.

DX Rocks, but their shipping takes a long time to arrive. Can't complain when it's free though.
I thought the same lol!

Haha yep. I actually order a lot from there. But I tend to keep a distance from their items which were listed 2 years ago etc. I more often buy newly listed stuff.