MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rude prof Jesse.C General Discussion 10 11-22-2013 07:18 AM
who will i need to speak with/do in order to take a semester off jel_3 Academics 2 11-28-2012 02:47 PM
Journalist to Speak about Being Detained in Egypt During Protests at the GCC TheGCC MacInsiders Announcements 3 03-01-2011 07:39 AM
Anyone here speak Mandarin? xxsumz General Discussion 24 11-25-2010 08:22 AM
MacInsiders TV: We speak with your incoming Board Of Directors Chad MacInsiders Announcements 17 07-24-2008 01:36 PM

Is it rude to tell the prof to speak more clearly?

Old 02-15-2014 at 05:18 PM   #1
vpdltm

Liked: 4 Times

Is it rude to tell the prof to speak more clearly?
So my prof is kinda young and sometimes I can tell that he's just reading off the slide without even knowing much about it.

What bothers me the most is whenever he speaks, there's at least 3 "uh"s and "um"s in a sentence and this makes it extremely difficult to understand.

Clearly, he's not a skilled prof (probably because he doesn't have much experience yet), so I don't want to give him a hard time about it, but at the same time, it just bothers me so much to listen to him speak that way.

What do you think? Should I point this out to my prof?
Old 02-15-2014 at 05:50 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Nothing at all wrong with telling him before or after class; I wouldn't bring it up during though. Giving feedback about your lecture quality is important because other students are likely feeling the same way and you're paying an exorbitant amount of money to attend your classes, so as a client of the school you're expected to give feedback!
Old 02-15-2014 at 06:06 PM   #3
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Seeing how you are paying his salary... no, no it's not.
Old 02-15-2014 at 06:51 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

It's only rude if you say it in a rude way.

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 02-15-2014 at 08:37 PM   #5
Jimbojones

Liked: 16 Times

the easiest way to do this is to send an email using a throwaway email address.

eullwm, icecubz like this.
Old 02-17-2014 at 08:53 PM   #6
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Is it K. Brewer