MacInsiders Logo
Old 01-23-2010 at 08:58 AM   #1
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Running Shoes near Campus
So I lost my running shoes at DBAC somehow, or lost them on the bus, no idea.

I need new ones, but I really don't feel like going to the mountain/downtown. Do any stores in the area, like Westdale or that sports shop across from Mac on Main sell these shoes? Are they expensive?

Thankss. :]
Old 01-23-2010 at 09:08 AM   #2
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

It sucks to go all the way up to say, Limeridge Mall, to get shoes, but you'll likely save some cash by doing so.

The rule of thumb is, the more 'specialized' a store is, the more expensive. For instance, if I buy a snowboard at SportChek (a general sports store), it'll be cheaper than if I buy the exact same one at a private Skateboard & Snowboard shop (though they'll have more selection).

So in answering your question, I don't know specifically...but it's because I never felt compelled to shop around that close to Mac for the above reason. Try to just bite the bullet and head over to at least Jackson Square (1 bus away). Your feet and your wallet will thank you!

feonateresa says thanks to Mowicz for this post.
Old 01-23-2010 at 09:15 AM   #3
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

That's what I was afraid of! Time for a field trip I suppose. :]
Old 01-23-2010 at 09:35 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

There are two running-specific stores in the general vicinity of Mac. One is across from Metro in Westdale, and the other is on King Street on the way to Fortinos.

However, as mentioned they are likely to cost a little bit more.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-23-2010 at 12:04 PM   #5
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

There is a running room on Main Street just a couple blocks west of campus. I have bought my shoes from them for the past 7ish years because they at least know how to fit a shoe to your foot and your walking/running stride.
Old 01-23-2010 at 03:28 PM   #6
giftedchick
Elite Member

Liked: 300 Times

jus trek to jackson sq
Old 01-23-2010 at 04:19 PM   #7
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

If you go to limeridge, then check National Sport, its across the street and they have really good prices and selection. I just got mine there for 80 bucks on sale from 140, so check it out if you can.
Old 01-23-2010 at 04:24 PM   #8
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

The mountain* is where its at (including Ancaster and Stoney Creek)

* The mountain is not literally a mountain for all of those that gave me that face when I told you I lived on the mountain...it is just called the mountain because Hamilton's downtown is...literally down (lower).

Old 01-25-2010 at 03:45 PM   #9
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

There's a Sport Chek in the Meadowlands, too. Take the 5C and it drops you off right near there.
Old 01-28-2010 at 12:52 PM   #10
dabulls

Liked: 14 Times

ok listen here.

Shoes are the SAME price at sportchek as they are at running stores.

I am a long distance runner. I buy several pairs of asics a year.

Goto Runners Den across from Metron in Westdale or Running Room right beside the Esson on Main. They will evaluate your foot type and put you in a proper shoe.

Trust me- shoes are the same price at running stores as they are at sports stores.