MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Student Centre Hours Goce General Discussion 4 11-24-2009 08:24 AM
The birds in the student centre HeatherH General Discussion 25 03-30-2009 11:58 PM
Student Centre Changes Matt Wright General Discussion 36 03-29-2009 07:52 PM
What's the name of the photo studio at student centre mimi General Discussion 2 01-17-2008 12:56 PM
McMaster Centre for Student Development Chad MSU & On-Campus Services 0 07-25-2007 12:54 PM

Is it safe to sleep over in the student centre?

Old 04-26-2010 at 09:30 AM   #1
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Is it safe to sleep over in the student centre?
Just as the title states. Mainly for curiosity or incase i ever need to do it.
Old 04-26-2010 at 09:41 AM   #2
kldv
Just Some Guy

Liked: 35 Times

Yeah, no problems there. I've done it. Best place if you are talking sleeping with a sleeping bag is in Club Space. After that, just the chairs upstairs are perfectly fine.
Although, I still don't trust that my laptop wouldn't get stolen from in front of me, I've slept essentially cuddling my laptop before...
Old 04-26-2010 at 10:11 AM   #3
funkdmonkey

Liked: 27 Times

Naked lesbians secretly go there to have pillow fights at night I advise you to stay away.

Last edited by funkdmonkey : 04-26-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-26-2010 at 10:20 AM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkdmonkey View Post
Naked lesbians secretly go there to have pillow fights at night I advice you to stay away.
Non sequitur
Old 04-26-2010 at 10:31 AM   #5
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

If you are a swamp donkey like Cheri, or a Troll collector like me, it is no problem. But if you are attractive or look rich, random people might try to invite you to have sex with them, making it hard to sleep.
Old 04-26-2010 at 10:45 AM   #6
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

yep i've done it before. i couldn't get much sleep though (very loud) but my friend slept like a log
Old 04-26-2010 at 12:48 PM   #7
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post
If you are a swamp donkey like Cheri, or a Troll collector like me, it is no problem. But if you are attractive or look rich, random people might try to invite you to have sex with them, making it hard to sleep.
It's almost funny, if I wrote this about someone else, I'd be getting warnings left right and centre. Luckily enough, I was born with a sense of humour.

Anyways, it's fine to sleep in the student centre. I slept just fine last night. I asked some stranger to poke me if my alarm didn't wake me up. All I had was a textbook so I wasn't too worried about a 50 minute nap, but I definitely wouldn't bring a laptop or anything with you. That's just stupid.

But I also fit perfectly on those sofas, so it might be less comfortable for someone of average height...

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 04-26-2010 at 01:02 PM   #8
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
I definitely wouldn't bring a laptop or anything with you. That's just stupid.
lol, i think the OP is asking about a situation where they had to sleep over in which case they would have all their belongings with them for school. If you must sleep in the student center i'd suggest keeping your laptop very close by.

Not many people go to the student center just to sleep over... (besides the freaks)
Old 04-26-2010 at 01:03 PM   #9
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
lol, i think the OP is asking about a situation where they had to sleep over in which case they would have all their belongings with them for school. If you must sleep in the student center i'd suggest keeping your laptop very close by.

Not many people go to the student center just to sleep over... (besides the freaks)
Why not? Think of all the money you would save. Get a locker and you're set for the school year.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 04-26-2010 at 01:45 PM   #10
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post

OR you could get a locker and lock your stuff up... OR become somebody with some sort of office privileges and take advantage of them as you may
Old 04-26-2010 at 04:27 PM   #11
Cassanova

Liked: 30 Times

people might touch you when your sleeping
Old 04-26-2010 at 04:50 PM   #12
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I've napped a few times during my lunch breaks, but never overnight. I use earplugs because it is pretty noisy.
Old 04-26-2010 at 06:42 PM   #13
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Student center kind of sucks for sleeping. I frequently got locked out last year, and all the good spots in the student center were always taken... or had some douchebags being really loud lolling about nothing sitting next to them.

The worst is when you think you see a spot (like on one of those psychiatrist guy couches on the second floor) and then you go over to see that some 90 pound individual has curled up into a ball at the very top of it against the headrest.
Old 04-26-2010 at 07:16 PM   #14
Chambini

Liked: Liked 2 Times

...People sleep over at the University?

...This is awesome!!!!!!!

I start in only 7 days, I am pumped!
Old 04-26-2010 at 08:03 PM   #15
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Lmao!
It's safe, I've done it before.
My friend and I had loads of fun, actually,
and no one tried shoving *****s up our butts while we slept.

but yeah, it gets pretty loud, so earplugs are a good idea.
the couches on the 2nd/3rd floor are pretty comfy.
I fit perfectly, haha.

& I hid all my stuff under the couch so no one could take it.