MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Student Centre Hours Goce General Discussion 4 11-24-2009 08:24 AM
The birds in the student centre HeatherH General Discussion 25 03-30-2009 11:58 PM
Student Centre Changes Matt Wright General Discussion 36 03-29-2009 07:52 PM
What's the name of the photo studio at student centre mimi General Discussion 2 01-17-2008 12:56 PM
McMaster Centre for Student Development Chad MSU & On-Campus Services 0 07-25-2007 12:54 PM

Is it safe to sleep over in the student centre?

Old 04-26-2010 at 08:12 PM   #16
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post
Lmao!
It's safe, I've done it before.
My friend and I had loads of fun, actually,
and no one tried shoving *****s up our butts while we slept.

but yeah, it gets pretty loud, so earplugs are a good idea.
the couches on the 2nd/3rd floor are pretty comfy.
I fit perfectly, haha.

& I hid all my stuff under the couch so no one could take it.
That's agood idea, I didn't even realize things could fit under that cough (although in retrospect, I do remember there being a space )

Am I the only one that could sleep through the noise? Man, I had myself a good 40 minute power nap. XD

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 04-26-2010 at 08:28 PM   #17
kldv
Just Some Guy

Liked: 35 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambini View Post
...People sleep over at the University?

...This is awesome!!!!!!!

I start in only 7 days, I am pumped!
It depends on how you define sleeping over at University... residence?

And usually, you sleep in the student centre because you have an assignment due in 12 hours and have no other place to do the work.

Although, it is amusing watching the activities of the janitorial staff, and watching the birds fly around in the winter. It came with 1 foot of me once!

Quote:
but I definitely wouldn't bring a laptop or anything with you. That's just stupid.
I'm not stupid, I swear. :(
That hurts Lawley, that hurts bad. I think I'm going to go cry now.
I think I'll use the clubspace room I have a key to, to go cry. (if only I had access in 1st year)

In other news, I haven't slept in the student centre since 1st year. I do not miss the lack of private space in first year.

Oh, also I'M DONE!!! Yes! So happy. All exams complete. (Until September rolls around, December if you want to be picky about the fact that I said exams.)
Old 04-26-2010 at 08:42 PM   #18
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kldv View Post
It depends on how you define sleeping over at University... residence?

And usually, you sleep in the student centre because you have an assignment due in 12 hours and have no other place to do the work.

Although, it is amusing watching the activities of the janitorial staff, and watching the birds fly around in the winter. It came with 1 foot of me once!

I'm not stupid, I swear. :(
That hurts Lawley, that hurts bad. I think I'm going to go cry now.
I think I'll use the clubspace room I have a key to, to go cry. (if only I had access in 1st year)

In other news, I haven't slept in the student centre since 1st year. I do not miss the lack of private space in first year.

Oh, also I'M DONE!!! Yes! So happy. All exams complete. (Until September rolls around, December if you want to be picky about the fact that I said exams.)
Grats, I'm done too.

And haha, I'm just saying it's stupid because we all know that someone is gonna try sleeping in musc with their laptop then come complaining on MI about how it got stolen and how "people are horrible."

Old 04-26-2010 at 09:14 PM   #19
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
It's almost funny, if I wrote this about someone else, I'd be getting warnings left right and centre.

I apologize Cheri. I didnt think you were that sensitive that you would be so offended and hurt by my comment. I assumed you had the type of sense of humor that would enjoy that, but I was mistaken, and I apologize.

Next time please PM me instead of crying about it on the forum in front of everyone.
Old 04-26-2010 at 09:17 PM   #20
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Great reading comprehension. ;D

Chambini, Entropy like this.
Old 05-10-2010 at 12:09 AM   #21
Abid.Hasan

Liked: 86 Times

Is it against the rules to sleep there every night for a semester?
Old 05-10-2010 at 09:39 AM   #22
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

I've thought about doing that myself... would save on rent and shit, lol. And you could just shower in david braley.

There probably IS a rule against it somewhere... but how would they know? You could just say you're studying there overnight and act like you accidentally fell asleep. I've slept there soooooo many nights and never got tapped or anything.

Old 05-10-2010 at 12:21 PM   #23
Abid.Hasan

I'd tap that^
Old 05-10-2010 at 02:29 PM   #24
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

Just remember that the people on those couches before you were quite likely having sex. Sweet dreams!
Old 05-10-2010 at 03:06 PM   #25
Abid.Hasan

gross! don't they know that's how babies are made?
Old 05-10-2010 at 03:07 PM   #26
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abid.Hasan View Post
gross! don't they know that's how babies are made?
Yes, I believe they are aware that that is how babby is formed.

adrian, BlakeM, madBiologist like this.
Old 05-10-2010 at 07:29 PM   #27
madBiologist

Liked: 12 Times

I think every Mac student has done that by the end of first year... It becomes an art after a while

If I'm tired enough, sleep is not easily deterred by loud noises. Usually I'd just be sitting in one of those unbelievably comfortable 80's patterned chairs in the 2nd floor, curl up my legs and pass out. This is also the same strategy I use when falling asleep in lectures to look less conspicuous and avoid the dreaded "head-bob"... Pull your knees up and rest your head on them, if you get leg cramps (I'm almost 6'0" so it happens) just hang your legs over the arm until you regain circulation.

No one stole my stuff, ever, but I've woken up to some random guy playing with my hair before ... Yeah.. Just kept pretending to be asleep, but I'm probably on FB somewhere. Then again, everyone runs into some... how you say... individuals with interesting social habits in the MUSC.
Old 05-10-2010 at 11:40 PM   #28
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by madBiologist View Post
I think every Mac student has done that by the end of first year... It becomes an art after a while

If I'm tired enough, sleep is not easily deterred by loud noises. Usually I'd just be sitting in one of those unbelievably comfortable 80's patterned chairs in the 2nd floor, curl up my legs and pass out. This is also the same strategy I use when falling asleep in lectures to look less conspicuous and avoid the dreaded "head-bob"... Pull your knees up and rest your head on them, if you get leg cramps (I'm almost 6'0" so it happens) just hang your legs over the arm until you regain circulation.

No one stole my stuff, ever, but I've woken up to some random guy playing with my hair before ... Yeah.. Just kept pretending to be asleep, but I'm probably on FB somewhere. Then again, everyone runs into some... how you say... individuals with interesting social habits in the MUSC.
Do you have nice hair? That's pretty odd.
Old 05-11-2010 at 02:52 PM   #29
Smeena Deol
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 1 Time

ive slept there too.. accidentally - aha dont get smashed and sleep there... its bad jokes, but seriously sleeping there isn't all that bad. naps are for the best if you really need it.. staying the night.. i wouldn't say its bad because depending on the day - usually no ones there
Old 05-11-2010 at 10:26 PM   #30
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by madBiologist View Post

LOL at first i thought you were talking about sex