MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-26-2011 at 07:28 PM   #1
bobwwow

Liked: 0 Times

Sailing?
Is there a sailing team or club at McMaster? Preferably dinghy sailing.
Is there even places to sail on the lake?
Old 04-27-2011 at 11:02 PM   #2
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

I want to know that too..
Old 05-31-2011 at 11:01 AM   #3
Magnum

Liked: 0 Times

McMaster Sailing Team
There is dinghy sailing available at the Hamilton Bay Sailing Club down near the pier 4 park. They've got a bunch of albacores and might do racing...?

From what I've heard, its run by a bunch of old sailors who don't like change. Not that they're unfriendly or anything.

Royal Hamilton Yacht Club also offers dinghy sailing but more so as lessons... I'm not sure what you're looking for. I keep my laser there and raced last weekend in the Lilac Festival Regatta.
They do Tuesday and Thursday keelboat racing in the evenings. Many boats need crew and it's fairly easy to get onto a boat for the summer.

In terms of sailing clubs at McMaster, I'm currently working to get a competitive club going. There's an Ontario-Quebec circuit starting next year. 2 events in Montreal, 1 events in Toronto, 1 in Bronte and possibly 1 in Kingston.

I'm looking for people interested in being part of a university sailing team, for both racing other schools and learning how to sail. Let me know (msg me) if this is something you would join.

This is what we'll be a part of: http://canadianusailing.com
Old 05-31-2011 at 11:42 AM   #4
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

hey if it starts up i would love to learn how to sail, im an avid canoer and kayaker so i really want to learn how to sail

if you do start up plz pm me and let me know thanks

Last edited by Chevalier : 05-31-2011 at 12:14 PM.

bobwwow likes this.
Old 05-31-2011 at 12:11 PM   #5
collinbf

Liked: 49 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
In terms of sailing clubs at McMaster, I'm currently working to get a competitive club going. There's an Ontario-Quebec circuit starting next year. 2 events in Montreal, 1 events in Toronto, 1 in Bronte and possibly 1 in Kingston.

I'm looking for people interested in being part of a university sailing team, for both racing other schools and learning how to sail. Let me know (msg me) if this is something you would join.

This is what we'll be a part of: http://canadianusailing.com
I would definitely be interested in that. Yah there aren't many sailing options for our age bracket in Hamilton.
Old 08-07-2011
Dam!
This message has been removed by a moderator. .