MacInsiders Logo

Sally Williams

Members have rated post #248105 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 06-01-2011 at 12:00 AM   #1
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Sally Williams
sally williams.jpg
went to see her twice. Once she was away that day, the other she wouldn't see me. Emailed her on two separate occasions from my mcmaster email. WTF I NEED HELP

soody likes this.
Old 06-01-2011 at 12:37 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianface View Post
Attachment 3448
went to see her twice. Once she was away that day, the other she wouldn't see me. Emailed her on two separate occasions from my mcmaster email. WTF I NEED HELP
Why don't you just call the office and book an appointment?
Old 06-01-2011 at 01:20 AM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Someone mentioned in another thread that she was away or something, maybe that's why? But as Jeremy mentioned, your best bet is to actually call and find out when you can come in and meet with her.
Old 06-01-2011 at 01:43 AM   #4
julianface
Elite Member

I can't go for an appointment as I don't live in Hamilton. The guy I talked to told me to email her...
Old 06-01-2011 at 07:40 AM   #5
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
I can't go for an appointment as I don't live in Hamilton. The guy I talked to told me to email her...
The whole point of making an appointment is to find a time at which you are both available so that you can make arrangements to be in Hamilton.

hatorade likes this.
Old 06-01-2011 at 07:51 AM   #6
alex751

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
The whole point of making an appointment is to find a time at which you are both available so that you can make arrangements to be in Hamilton.
last time i went they told me the same thing. she's not making appointments and only talks to students on a walk-in basis
Old 06-01-2011 at 07:53 AM   #7
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex751 View Post
last time i went they told me the same thing. she's not making appointments and only talks to students on a walk-in basis
I see, that was something OP left out.
Old 06-01-2011 at 08:27 AM   #8
AmyLia

Liked: 28 Times

She's more likely to take walk-ins in the afternoon (after 1:30 I think) if I remember correctly. Otherwise, I've got nothing...
Old 06-01-2011 at 10:32 AM   #9
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
its your life dude, even if she isn't taking appointments take a bus and get your ass over there

DannyV, hatorade, icecubz like this.
Old 06-01-2011 at 11:30 AM   #10
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Just go to the office, she's almost always ready to help.
Old 06-01-2011 at 12:03 PM   #11
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Sometimes, academic advisors are so booked up that the only "free time" they have is during drop in hours. Find the drop in hours on the department website and stop by. One time, I had to wait like 2 hours. It's a pain, but you have to do it if it's your only option. :(
Old 06-01-2011 at 12:11 PM   #12
julianface
Elite Member

You're right I should pay 20 bucks and waste a whole day because someone getting paid to help students doesn't want to sit on their ass and spend 5 minutes replying to an email. What if I lived oversees? Should I just fly to Hamilton for Sally Williams' drop-in hours?

downinglee likes this.
Old 06-01-2011 at 12:19 PM   #13
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
You're right I should pay 20 bucks and waste a whole day because someone getting paid to help students doesn't want to sit on their ass and spend 5 minutes replying to an email. What if I lived oversees? Should I just fly to Hamilton for Sally Williams' drop-in hours?
That is not the case with you, so just go.
Old 06-06-2011 at 07:17 AM   #14
soody

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
thats the case with me man. I live overseas I can't just fly and see her.

I emailed her THREE times, and when I call her office, they say just email her.

She isnt even replying. I need her help
Old 06-06-2011 at 07:28 AM   #15
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by soody View Post
thats the case with me man. I live overseas I can't just fly and see her.

I emailed her THREE times, and when I call her office, they say just email her.

She isnt even replying. I need her help
What issue are you having, and what are you writing in the subject line and body of the message that makes her not want to talk to you?