MacInsiders Logo

SC2 Withdrawal...

Old 06-17-2010 at 01:01 PM   #1
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

SC2 Withdrawal...
Anybody else in the SC2 beta? If so, when is phase 2 coming out?

Old 06-17-2010 at 01:02 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Not even considering playing that game; I know what that will do to my school performance...
Old 06-17-2010 at 01:04 PM   #3
Toast
Elite Member

Dude, it's been 10 days and I still gots the shakes... need phase 2...

Old 06-17-2010 at 01:18 PM   #4
Mr.Prodigy

Liked: 43 Times

That games sucks.
Old 06-17-2010 at 01:20 PM   #5
Toast
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prodigy View Post
That games sucks.
I take it you're either an SC1 fanboy, or fail at RTS.

Old 06-17-2010 at 01:24 PM   #6
Freak705
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

Well the game is coming out July 27, it was said that the beta would be back up "a few weeks before launch."

I'm in the beta, but my laptop can barely play it. Most of my SC2 experience is watching pro-games with commentaries haha
Old 06-17-2010 at 01:26 PM   #7
Toast
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak705 View Post
Well the game is coming out July 27, it was said that the beta would be back up "a few weeks before launch."

I'm in the beta, but my laptop can barely play it. Most of my SC2 experience is watching pro-games with commentaries haha
Lol... gotta love those commentaries.

Old 06-17-2010 at 01:28 PM   #8
Mr.Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Student View Post
I take it you're either an SC1 fanboy, or fail at RTS.
Actually, I'm neither ^^

P.S. The game really does suck, no joke.
Old 06-17-2010 at 01:29 PM   #9
Toast
Elite Member

Quote:
Actually, I'm neither ^^

To each his own I guess...

Old 06-17-2010 at 01:40 PM   #10
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Quote:
Care to give your reasons for why you think this?
Old 06-17-2010 at 01:52 PM   #11
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Soul Calibur 2 is an awesome game, but I'm pretty sure it's already out, what's all this talk about a beta?

Old 06-17-2010 at 01:57 PM   #12
Mr.Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Care to give your reasons for why you think this?
The engine they used looks a lot like warcraft 3. The battlecruisers and carriers are like the size of the damn siege tanks, and when you zoom in, it just looks so fake. The battlecruiser is hovering so low and marines seem so bloody large in size. At least do some justice and remove the zoom-in capability. Also the population limit is, in my opinion, not sufficient. There also isn't a large variety of units - they removed the dark archon (Come on, seriously!?). Overall it just seems like they slacked off, and are seeking to make a few extra bucks since WoW is going down hill, and they're spending a huge sum of their money on the movie. Quiet frankly, I've played the beta since the first day and I'm not gonna buy the game. Another thing I hate is that when the game is released, you can only play the terran campaign, and you'll have to buy the subsequent protoss and zerg campaigns when they're released later on. I'm more looking forward to Diablo 3.
Old 06-17-2010 at 02:10 PM   #13
Toast
Elite Member

Quote:
The engine they used looks a lot like warcraft 3. The battlecruisers and carriers are like the size of the damn siege tanks, and when you zoom in, it just looks so fake. The battlecruiser is hovering so low and marines seem so bloody large in size. At least do some justice and remove the zoom-in capability. Also the population limit is, in my opinion, not sufficient. There also isn't a large variety of units - they removed the dark archon (Come on, seriously!?). Overall it just seems like they slacked off, and are seeking to make a few extra bucks since WoW is going down hill, and they're spending a huge sum of their money on the movie. Quiet frankly, I've played the beta since the first day and I'm not gonna buy the game. Another thing I hate is that when the game is released, you can only play the terran campaign, and you'll have to buy the subsequent protoss and zerg campaigns when they're released later on. I'm more looking forward to Diablo 3.
- Unit size must be restricted so you can't surround stuff with 100 zerglings and wipe out everything your opponent has. For air, increasing unit size would block out too much ground and make it difficult to micro AoE skills, etc.

- Don't zoom in then.

- Most people who play RTS well won't even make it to third-tier units, and so the 200 unit cap doesn't really worry that many people. SC is not about cranking out as many high-tech units as fast as you can until you reach the unit cap, it's about the "S" in RTS.

- More units are released with each expansion.

- If they wanted to slack off they wouldn't take 6 years to make the title, they'd just get a few developers to quickly whip out a sequel.

- I never bought SC2 for the campaign anyways, I gave up single-player garbage when I was 14.

Last edited by D-Student : 06-17-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-17-2010 at 02:42 PM   #14
syan9184

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
Soul Calibur 2 is an awesome game, but I'm pretty sure it's already out, what's all this talk about a beta?
Hahaha
SC2= Star Craft 2
Old 06-17-2010 at 05:08 PM   #15
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Just got back into SC1 and have been playing a ton of fastest maps/evolves/choose your d cause thats all I like to play lol. Can you do the same stuff in the SC2 beta and can you still enter to be in it or is it closed?