MacInsiders Logo

SC2 Withdrawal...

Old 06-18-2010 at 01:00 PM   #31
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Prodigy View Post
It's funny you speak of cognitive ability. You couldn't even comprehend the simple statement "population limit is not sufficient". No, it does not mean the cap should be lower smart alec. I'm not going to argue over a game with you, there are more critical things to do in life (well, at least for me). You're not in high school anymore, here you need to receptive of things. If you can't do that, then higher learning isn't for you. But the way you type, and seeing how easily hostile you can become, I'd say you're not mature enough for University yet. Take a year off, work, and come back with an open mind.
dohohoho
Old 06-18-2010 at 01:44 PM   #32
thompson

Liked: 4 Times

SC can be fun for a while but I get tired of it.

When SC2 comes out I'll definitely play it though.

I find that the the type of strategy is more of "rock, paper, scissor" type of thing instead of actual tactics of flanking or outmaneuvring etc.

I usually get pwnd by zerg rush anyway
Old 06-18-2010 at 01:45 PM   #33
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

7 pool? Pure rape in 3vs3 or 4vs4

Old 06-18-2010 at 01:51 PM   #34
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Quote:
It's funny you speak of cognitive ability. You couldn't even comprehend the simple statement "population limit is not sufficient". No, it does not mean the cap should be lower smart alec. I'm not going to argue over a game with you, there are more critical things to do in life (well, at least for me). You're not in high school anymore, here you need to be receptive of things. If you can't do that, then higher learning isn't for you. But the way you type, and seeing how easily hostile you can become, I'd say you're not mature enough for University yet. Take a year off, work, and come back with an open mind.
Lol @ thinking university requires maturity. And if he's anything like me, I'd say he's annoyed and frustrated because your opinion is so firm but based on such stupid reasons. It probably pains him to know that there is someone out there who hates something for the dumbest reasons conceivable, and he's trying to change your mind.

By him having an open mind, you're essentially wanting him to open up to the possibility that there are people out there who make reasons based on dumb decisions without any merit in them, AND refuse to see reason when other people have refuted their points or called them out for being laughably shallow.
Old 06-18-2010 at 02:24 PM   #35
forever0zero

Liked: 39 Times

i used to do 6pool rushes back in the day, i haven't tried it in sc2 cuz the zerglings seem so much weaker
Old 06-18-2010 at 02:32 PM   #36
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever0zero View Post
i used to do 6pool rushes back in the day, i haven't tried it in sc2 cuz the zerglings seem so much weaker
Zergling rushes are kind of useless now- you have to get someone who doesn't know what they're doing, as it's pretty easy to counter once you've played a few games. Heck, even taking your drones off the line as a last resort will kill all six zerglings...

Old 06-18-2010 at 03:17 PM   #37
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times

If you don't scout or late scout 6 pool, with amazing micro, your dead. Then just rally all your zeglings and make sure to make a queen.

Old 06-18-2010 at 06:13 PM   #38
Ahi88

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
It's funny you speak of cognitive ability. You couldn't even comprehend the simple statement "population limit is not sufficient". No, it does not mean the cap should be lower smart alec. I'm not going to argue over a game with you, there are more critical things to do in life (well, at least for me). You're not in high school anymore, here you need to be receptive of things. If you can't do that, then higher learning isn't for you. But the way you type, and seeing how easily hostile you can become, I'd say you're not mature enough for University yet. Take a year off, work, and come back with an open mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew22 View Post
dohohoho

It appears you've supporters. I'm just disappointed even University doesn't filter incompetence.
"population limit is not sufficient" - meaning at the highest limitation the population would be 0. As you become more lenient, the number moves up. Go read a book.
Also the way I type will be fixed by me taking a year off and working? Throwing groundless insults around won't make you an argument, or your posts worthwhile. Go on, do it again. See how many people you convince that aren't in the left end of an IQ bell-curve.
Old 06-18-2010 at 08:09 PM   #39
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
You're not in high school anymore, here you need to be receptive of things. If you can't do that, then higher learning isn't for you. But the way you type, and seeing how easily hostile you can become, I'd say you're not mature enough for University yet. Take a year off, work, and come back with an open mind.
lol, another stellar example of hypocrisy in internet forums
Old 07-23-2010 at 07:45 PM   #40
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Lol @ thinking university requires maturity.
University should require maturity. Sadly, getting through with high marks doesn't require it at present...

Old 07-23-2010 at 09:03 PM   #41
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Lol, a couple months late bro...I still remember you being my physics lab partner one time...
Pretty gassed about SC2 coming out in a few days though.

Do you play?
Old 07-23-2010 at 09:53 PM   #42
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

im a first year coming in and i saw this thread. it says mac residence blocks battlenet? is this true? does that mean i gota portforward. that would suck since sc2 is gona be my primary spare time game -_-"
Old 07-23-2010 at 11:10 PM   #43
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
im a first year coming in and i saw this thread. it says mac residence blocks battlenet? is this true? does that mean i gota portforward. that would suck since sc2 is gona be my primary spare time game -_-"
I don't think that's true. I've had friends run Xbox Live fine through the residence network, and I bet blocking that would be a much bigger concern.
Old 07-23-2010 at 11:53 PM   #44
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

really. they just said port 6112 (battlenet port) is blocked in the faq. some freinds said they couldnt go online but im not that sure they even went on bnet. maybe some gamers at mac would help me out there ;p
Old 07-24-2010 at 01:35 PM   #45
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
I still remember you being my physics lab partner one time...
Yup - that was when first I realized that physics labs were much more interesting after a couple of bowls...

Quote:
Pretty gassed about SC2 coming out in a few days though.

Do you play?
Nah, not really. Used to play RTS casually, but I don't really play much anymore. I'll probably end up getting it eventually, though.