MacInsiders Logo

What scares you?

Old 12-21-2009 at 09:29 PM   #31
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
All of those things share a common theme. Would you be afraid of someone that was born on Halloween?
LOL!!
haha, no.
that's just silly.

Old 12-21-2009 at 09:32 PM   #32
Jake

Liked: 107 Times

Being born on Halloween would be freaaakkkyy. I don't think I've met/know anyone that was born on Halloween.

Haha, i just found this...

http://www.magick7.com/halloween/born-on-halloween.htm

EDIT: LMAO John, I just looked at your profile (sorry for profile stalking :p) and you're born on Halloween?!?!

According to the site...

If a child is born last day of October, he or she will be gifted with psychic powers, and be able to see, and converse with the spirits of the dead. Those born on Halloween has been said can never be harmed by evil ghosts.

Last edited by Jake : 12-21-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-21-2009 at 09:50 PM   #33
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

• Getting less than a 10 GPA this term
  • Centipedes
  • Certain sizes of spider
  • Heights
  • Hornets/Wasps/Yellow Jackets
  • Deep water (10 ft or more)

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Matthew K likes this.
Old 12-21-2009 at 11:33 PM   #34
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
LMAO John, I just looked at your profile (sorry for profile stalking :p) and you're born on Halloween?!?!

According to the site...

If a child is born last day of October, he or she will be gifted with psychic powers, and be able to see, and converse with the spirits of the dead. Those born on Halloween has been said can never be harmed by evil ghosts.
OHH, haha so THAT'S why John asked if I'm afraid of people born on Halloween.

and I WAS afraid of you until I saw that those born on Halloween can never be harmed by evil ghosts ;O
Haha, I'm kidding!
you are, after alll, my calc buddy for next term. :p

and that's a pretty sweet birthday, lol my brother's born on the 29th, that's the closest Halloween birthday I know. xD

Old 12-22-2009 at 12:50 AM   #35
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

Rule 34 is one of the few things sustaining my faith in humanity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

What scares me? Women.

Like, if I enter a situation with the mentality of a woman being a co-worker or customer or friend or stranger then who cares. But approaching a woman I have feelings for is the scariest thing I can think of. Anything to do with approaching or confronting a woman in relation to any form of relationship proposal or romance terrifies me to the point where I will literally hide from the person. Extreme anxiety would be an orgasmic relief from the way I feel when it comes to "making a move". I'm friendly and approachable, hell my profile pictures have my cute puppy in them, you would think I would be trying to chat up women all the time.

I have lived in the country and been chased by bears and wolves, and I can tell you, not as scary as women. I would gladly fist fight every zombie/ghost/clown/snake/creepy child/vampire before willingly approaching a woman. The thought of serving overseas with the Canadian Forces, getting captured, tortured and dying, -seriously- scares me less. Perhaps this will better illustrate my point:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let x= level of romantic interest

and f(x)= (x)^(women)

then the Limit of f(x) as x goes to infinity = (scariest shit ever)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

A woman who approaches me and makes the first move is my equivalent of finding a chocolate bar in the fridge you forgot about, best ...thing ...ever!

So sorry ladies, I am interested in your gender for companionship and mating purposes, but you scare the living shit out of me.

Although if you make the first step you automatically get like 10 extra awesome points, so ... tell your friends!

Old 12-22-2009 at 12:52 AM   #36
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossclot View Post

What scares me? Women.
Meh. We're not so bad.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 12-22-2009 at 12:54 AM   #37
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:

What scares me? Women.

Like, if I enter a situation with the mentality of a woman being a co-worker or customer or friend or stranger then who cares. But approaching a woman I have feelings for is the scariest thing I can think of. Anything to do with approaching or confronting a woman in relation to any form of relationship proposal or romance terrifies me to the point where I will literally hide from the person. Extreme anxiety would be an orgasmic relief from the way I feel when it comes to "making a move". I'm friendly and approachable, hell my profile pictures have my cute puppy in them, you would think I would be trying to chat up women all the time.

I have lived in the country and been chased by bears and wolves, and I can tell you, not as scary as women. I would gladly fist fight every zombie/ghost/clown/snake/creepy child/vampire before willingly approaching a woman. The thought of serving overseas with the Canadian Forces, getting captured, tortured and dying, -seriously- scares me less. Perhaps this will better illustrate my point:

and f(x)= (x)^(women)

A woman who approaches me and makes the first move is my equivalent of finding a chocolate bar in the fridge you forgot about, best ...thing ...ever!

So sorry ladies, I am interested in your gender for companionship and mating purposes, but you scare the living shit out of me.

Although if you make the first step you automatically get like 10 extra awesome points, so ... tell your friends!
what the hell.
rofl.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-22-2009 at 02:23 AM   #38
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

nice analogy Rossclot

I fear most insects and yeah...water falling on my 2nd laptop

but you know what, I love to scare the living hell out of people in the dark lol

Matthew K likes this.
Old 12-22-2009 at 03:06 AM   #39
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:

What scares me? Women.

and f(x)= (x)^(women)

/agree

Although it probably matters more to you than me, cuz i like my singledom.
Old 12-22-2009 at 02:13 PM   #40
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

The dark. :( No joke.

A friend of mine was born on Halloween. She doesn't believe any paranormal stuff though.

Matthew K likes this.
Old 12-22-2009 at 03:16 PM   #41
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Trains.... yes..weird I know, but I get panic attacks when I'm near tracks, or have to stop and wait for a train... but I love riding on them... I'm just terrified I'm going to be hit by one...its really unnatural

Spiders...common one there

Losing the person I spend my life with ... I don't know how people get through that

getting old.... it's just so sad

walking up stairs when its dark behind you... when I was young I used to leave the light on when walking up the stairs from the basement, and use the one at the top of the stairs to turn it off.... or just run like hell up the stairs

Matthew K likes this.
Old 12-22-2009 at 03:28 PM   #42
JonV

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:

What scares me? Women.

Like, if I enter a situation.........

so are you basically saying that your afraid of commitment? or the actual "aproaching women" part?

what scares me?

Scary movies - can't sleep without thinking of them... yeah yeah laugh they give me nightmares :(

The "find waldo" game - http://www.albinoblacksheep. com/flash/waldo

Losing scholarships - no explanation needed here

Matthew K likes this.
Old 12-22-2009 at 03:46 PM   #43
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
you have to wonder how many people are given heart attacks by stuff like this lol...

I had read the msgs posted underneath so I figured out what was gonna happen
I love waldo...lol
Old 12-22-2009 at 03:46 PM   #44
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

What actually scares me the most is E.T. I watched that movie as a child and had nightmares about him for about a year.
I can't look at E.T anymore without shivering or running away... :/

Matthew K likes this.
Old 12-22-2009 at 03:49 PM   #45
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbs View Post
you have to wonder how many people are given heart attacks by stuff like this lol...

I had read the msgs posted underneath so I figured out what was gonna happen
I love waldo...lol
That's what I do with most Youtube videos. I read the comments before watching the video to see if it's a screamer.