MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
OSAP Applications are available! jhan523 MacInsiders Announcements 56 06-05-2010 03:36 PM
Apply to be a Scico! 2010 temara.brown MacInsiders Announcements 21 03-31-2010 05:06 PM
Late Applications? stevennevets First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 03-16-2009 09:37 AM
Welcome Week Rep Applications lorend Welcome Week Repping 0 01-12-2008 05:25 PM

Scico Applications Up!

Apply To Be a Scico!

Calling all scientists!

It's that time of year again. Preparations for welcome week are underway and it's time for you to apply to be a Scico!

All you need to do to apply is go to www.mac-sci.com and fill out the online application. Following that, there is an interview process.

Becoming a welcome week faculty representative is an overall amazing experience. You do not need to be a super crazy spirited person to apply; just have an interest in welcoming first years into their faculty.

The deadline to apply is Monday, March 9th!

You can also check out the facebook event.

Apply and make Science welcome week the best one EVER!
Published by
MacInsiders Staff

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 03-03-2009 at 06:05 PM   #2
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times
Sci-Co
Hi

So i finally applied.

It said we should prepare a game/song/cheer/activity? So is this a group interview? And im clueless right now on what to bring to the table. Just wonder what people have done before.. any ideas?

Old 03-03-2009 at 06:07 PM   #3
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
This is a group interview.. All I can really say is just be yourself, bring whatever you want, and have fun!!

They have a bunch of different nerdy science-y songs out there that you could teach everyone, you could do a science cheer or make up a new one, google an activity, or maybe some classic stella ella ola. anything would do. =)

Last year, people were required to help make up a new cheer and we had some pretty hilarious ones and actually used quite a few of them during welcome week. Some people went so far as to make a skit with props and everything..

Just have fun with it -> best advice ever.

Last edited by temara.brown : 03-03-2009 at 06:12 PM.

Old 03-05-2009 at 10:11 AM   #4
Infinity
Elite Member

Sounds good. Uh how/when do they contact you for the interview?

Old 03-05-2009 at 12:06 PM   #5
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

They'll contact you via email with all the details. We did a test run of the interview last night with the incoming/outgoing science exec and it was a lot of fun!

Old 03-08-2009 at 06:28 PM   #6
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

THE DEADLINE TO APPLY IS TOMORROW!!! git 'er dun'!

Science is HUGE so don't be afraid of getting cut or anything. Lots of reps are needed so appplllyyy!!!!!!!!!!! ! It's seriously too much fun.

Old 03-18-2009 at 02:37 PM   #7
Infinity
Elite Member

so after the interviews.. when do we find out if we are officially sci-co's?

Old 03-18-2009 at 03:10 PM   #8
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

you should be getting an email on Saturday. They're still doing interviews.

Old 03-25-2009 at 01:13 PM   #9
Infinity
Elite Member

Hey, I never got an e-mail or any information on the final decisions. Does that mean I won't be a Sci-Co =(

Old 03-25-2009 at 02:23 PM   #10
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

I wouldn't say that.. I would email them to confirm because there's a good chance that maybe something is wrong with the email or who knows. Email [email protected] to confirm.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search