MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deep Fried Pickles - Joe Dogs Shananaghens Restaurants & Food Reviews 0 06-13-2010 03:31 PM
Home-style Fried Rice lilchoconut Recipes 2 06-18-2009 09:19 PM

Scrambled or Fried?

Old 09-04-2009 at 11:09 AM   #16
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Drunk and strange people still do incredibly immature stuff all the time. My boyfriend and I were walking to my place the other night, and some dudes driving down the street called him (or perhaps it was me) a well... it starts with an F and ends with a T, and rhymes with Bob Saget. :/ Luckily there were no eggs involved.
Old 09-04-2009 at 10:41 PM   #17
Flag

Liked: 35 Times

Once, there were these teens whipping crap off the overpass, and right infront of me, this chunk of watermellon hit this cars windshield, splattered so bad that we got it on our car as well, and it ended up hitting another car head on- thankfully everyone had realized what was going on and was going slow.
Another time, some drunks were driving down the road and threw a beer bottle at my dog- missed, but scared the heck out of me.

But ever since those 2 times I've taken ANYTHING being thrown very seriously- maybe a bit too much, but I'll call the cops about it, get a liscence plate number.. whatever. Don't throw stuff around.
Old 09-04-2009 at 10:43 PM   #18
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

While I am not 100% sure about this, the odds are that this type of thing is against the law. Modern technology being what it is today you could key in their license and/or take a picture of it for a complaint.

This also happened to my cousin and I by Hamilton Harbour, but the culprits missed us. It is immature and more needs to be done to stop this stupidity. I have a few suggestions but they are all radical solutions.
Old 09-04-2009 at 10:44 PM   #19
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingénieur.xo View Post
There must not be a very large number of people who do this because I've never seen it happen and this is the first story I've heard of it happening.
I've had eggs thrown at me three or four times (in the west Hamilton/McMaster/Dundas area), and I've been hit once. It's ridiculous and cowardly... especially since they always do it from a moving vehicle... none of them would be willing to stand up for what they'd done.

This happens surprisingly often... quite sad.
Old 09-04-2009 at 11:14 PM   #20
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

This reminds me of a really stupid Halloween egg throwing incident. In about 8th grade a friend and I were walking home from our Halloween fun since we live on the same street. A car passes by and yells something and they threw an egg at us. Here's where the stupid part comes in, it was a hard boiled egg. Who the hell throws hard boiled eggs at people? Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole egg splattering on them thing?

I was just like wow, weirdos.
Old 09-04-2009 at 11:33 PM   #21
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

maybe they didnt want you people to smell after getting hit by the egg, must've hurt more than usual though
Old 09-04-2009 at 11:40 PM   #22
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
This reminds me of a really stupid Halloween egg throwing incident. In about 8th grade a friend and I were walking home from our Halloween fun since we live on the same street. A car passes by and yells something and they threw an egg at us. Here's where the stupid part comes in, it was a hard boiled egg. Who the hell throws hard boiled eggs at people? Doesn't that kind of defeat the whole egg splattering on them thing?

I was just like wow, weirdos.

Lol maybe they wanted to reuse them incase they missed and their targets didn't take the egg and try to throw it back at them? But wow that's dumb. You're wasting the egg and energy used to hard boil it.

On a slightly less related topic: We should have an egg and spoon race.
Old 09-04-2009 at 11:46 PM   #23
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
maybe they didnt want you people to smell after getting hit by the egg, must've hurt more than usual though
Lol a Shelled Raw Egg actually hurts much much more then hardboiled most probably. I've seen people with heavy bruises on their back because of Egg hits

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 09-04-2009 at 11:51 PM   #24
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
Lol a Shelled Raw Egg actually hurts much much more then hardboiled most probably. I've seen people with heavy bruises on their back because of Egg hits
The one I was hit by didn't really hurt that much... it was more of a shock than anything...

I was so mad...
Old 09-04-2009 at 11:53 PM   #25
Duarch

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Yup shelled hard boiled eggs are too squishy. Shelled raw eggs may be able to puncture your skin o.O
But I would have thought that the shelled hardboiled would hit harder than the shelled raw. Hrm: Question: what has a greater mass? Hardboiled egg or Raw egg.
Old 09-05-2009 at 12:29 AM   #26
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duarch View Post
Yup shelled hard boiled eggs are too squishy. Shelled raw eggs may be able to puncture your skin o.O
But I would have thought that the shelled hardboiled would hit harder than the shelled raw. Hrm: Question: what has a greater mass? Hardboiled egg or Raw egg.
both would have the same mass i think, unless some insignificant amount of water/liquid evaporates during the boiling process.
Quote:
I've never been hit so I wouldn't know and don't wanna know either
Old 09-05-2009 at 12:34 AM   #27
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taunton View Post
The one I was hit by didn't really hurt that much... it was more of a shock than anything...

I was so mad...
Lol I was talking about an Egg hit under different circumstances, where someone takes a lenghty run up and then throws it with the action of a Javelin thrower at a 180ish degree angle(Like throwing a baseball in other words)....It hurts: ALOT!

But yeah getting hit randomly in the night is one of the most ticking off things I can imagine

Duarch I don't think it is about Mass at all! It is about the naturally strong structure of an egg, you get bruised when it goes crack against your skin; Hen's Eggs are supposed to be not that breakable if we try them from a certain angle or two(Or maybe it was some bird)

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 09-05-2009 at 10:39 AM   #28
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Oh they missed which makes it even lamer. Plus I think the egg was peeled which is even more of a giant waste of time and energy. They actually took the time to boil eggs and peel them and then throw them at people. LAME.