MacInsiders Logo
Old 12-30-2010 at 03:00 AM   #1
AztekEscobar

Liked: 2 Times

Second BA
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the second BA program after you graduate. how does it work?, I am also wondering if i were to do for example a second degree in History, can I go further than a BA an into an honours.
Old 12-30-2010 at 04:13 AM   #2
Juve
Elite Member

Liked: 117 Times

You might get this often but you are not the real Cesar are you? And Cesar didn't really live here ..
Old 12-30-2010 at 03:28 PM   #3
AztekEscobar

Liked: 2 Times

hahaha, no im not the real cesar but it is my name
Old 12-30-2010 at 03:56 PM   #4
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I'm currently working on my second degree. The process is pretty easy. Just go talk to an academic advisor for your current faculty. If you have already taken some of the prereqs needed for the second degree, they will count (so you don't have to take them again). I took a lot of Geography courses in my first degree, so I'm currently doing a 3 year Geography BA in one year.

Talk to an academic advisor. They will give you a paper with the information, a website to fill out a form to apply (I think it needs to be done by May if you plan on coming back in September), and they will tell you what courses you will need to take.
Old 12-30-2010 at 04:33 PM   #5
aani

Liked: 9 Times

How many Geography courses had you completed in your first degree?
Old 12-30-2010 at 08:08 PM   #6
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I had 6 Geography courses in my first degree. And I didn't answer one of your first questions - yes, you can do a BA or Honours. I plan on switching to Honours when we go back next week, which means I will have another year to complete. I've already talked to an academic advisor about this. All you do is go in, she'll tell you what courses you need, and she'll switch your program to an Honorus degree.