MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life Sci student blocked out of Life Sci 2A03??? jubilantx Academics 4 06-14-2010 08:56 PM

Second Life

Old 10-16-2006 at 10:10 AM   #1
KristaG
Mills - Reference Librarian

Liked: 37 Times

Second Life
I hope you don't mind me asking this. Just out of curiosity, does anyone play Second Life? http://secondlife.com/ Thanks!
Old 10-16-2006 at 03:16 PM   #2
sarahsweet

Liked: 13 Times

Never heard of it! it looks a lot like "There" (www.there.com) which is the same sort of idea. Sort of like sims except on a website? Looks neat, what special/cool things can you do on it?
Old 10-16-2006 at 07:40 PM   #3
KristaG

It is very much like Sims. I haven't heard of There though, I'll have to check it out. I'm still exploring SL myself. I've actually been volunteering at the virtual reference library on Information Island on SL and haven't had much of a chance to check out the rest of the space, but I've heard there are some really neat places (I'll try to find the names of the places). The number of people creaeting accounts is rising. There are some universities that are even offering classes through Second Life. The reason I started this thread is to see if university students use or know of Second Life. It may be something for you to check out over the exam break (not the classes but the various areas) :kisschristmas2:
Old 10-17-2006 at 11:01 PM   #4
sarahsweet

Liked: 13 Times

Sounds interesting! The virtual world thing has gotten popular.. with all these new ones popping up. There.com is the same idea...
Old 10-17-2006 at 11:07 PM   #5
FastCarzz

Liked: 0 Times

I've used sims online and There. There is cool for competing with your friends in little competitions and games. I used to also go on habbohotel ages ago but its too childish now!
Old 10-18-2006 at 12:38 AM   #6
williamhend

Liked: 0 Times

this looks pretty sweet. though i really dont have time to waste in a 3d world... i have a real life world to tend to filled with assignments haha!
Old 10-18-2006 at 07:50 AM   #7
KristaG

I certainly hear you there! Real life keeps me too busy to explore much past Info Island in Second Life and the couple of hours of virtual reference that I do. Maybe Christmas break....
Old 10-18-2006 at 02:36 PM   #8
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

haha... real life takes all our time away, its true.