MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Year Engineering lmasud First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 03-14-2010 10:42 PM
First Year: Engineering 1 fall '09 xxsumz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 22 06-23-2009 07:06 PM
first year engineering myInteger Academics 9 06-11-2009 01:23 PM
Should I take Co-op for engineering in my first year kenvin100 Academics 18 08-29-2008 10:22 PM

Second year Engineering

Old 09-17-2010 at 08:25 PM   #1
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

Second year Engineering
I would like to ask the people in second year what was the Compatetion last year for Civil engineering structure and Managment? was it tough or did it only require a 4.0 average +??

thanks
Old 09-17-2010 at 08:31 PM   #2
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

You'll need more than a 4 typically for Civil. It was 5.3 last year (according to unofficial results) and about a 5.5 or 5.6 for Management. You can get into Civil and be turned down for management is what that means...
Old 09-17-2010 at 09:37 PM   #3
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfattal View Post
I would like to ask the people in second year what was the Compatetion last year for Civil engineering structure and Managment? was it tough or did it only require a 4.0 average +??

thanks
It was one of the hardest to get into. As mike said, Civil and management both required high marks. Mechanical and electrical + biomedical were also up there. Even if you dont get in, there is a super slim chance that a spot may open up later on as well. Like, I got in for civil eng and mgmt this year but i switched into elec +mgmt this summer. Which means 1 spot opened up in civ for 1 lucky person. But don't count on that happening. my advice is just get your marks up high so you hvae no doubt about which program you can get into.

Quote:
You'll need more than a 4 typically for Civil. It was 5.3 last year (according to unofficial results) and about a 5.5 or 5.6 for]Management. You can get into Civil and be turned down for management is what that means...
I thought civil was 6.1 and management was 6.5?
Old 09-17-2010 at 10:22 PM   #4
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post

I thought civil was 6.1 and management was 6.5?
Where are you getting these numbers from??
Old 09-17-2010 at 10:37 PM   #5
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnguishedEnd View Post
Where are you getting these numbers from??
FOUND IT!

http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...l+2+cut+o ffs

mfattal says thanks to xxsumz for this post.