MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca vs @mcmaster.ca KMoney First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2010 06:04 PM
Life secrets thread Mr. Pink General Discussion 8 02-07-2010 04:24 PM

SECRETS of McMaster!!!!

Members have rated post #182501 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 07-02-2010 at 10:41 PM   #46
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

reading these is very interesting XD
Old 07-02-2010 at 10:47 PM   #47
nicole.h

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post

Though I'm not sure if the floors in some residences where they allowed smoking still exist or not.

All residences are 100% smoke free
Old 07-02-2010 at 11:41 PM   #48
t3hbovinator

Liked: Liked 3 Times

The two farthest stalls in the girl's bathroom across from 1280 are my favourite stalls in the whole school because of the ridiculous stuff people write on the wall. They even put up white boards (even though it covered up a lot...)
Old 07-03-2010 at 10:47 PM   #49
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzaifa47 View Post
I Think you aren't allowed to smoke indoors at all(classes, student center, residences)and outside you can't smoke within 5 meters of a building. However there is a "smokers corner" that has developed in the Mills Courtyard right outside the frontdoors of MUSC. The closest Smoke shops are a Convenience store in Westdale and a Gas Station across Main Street.

Though I'm not sure if the floors in some residences where they allowed smoking still exist or not.
I heard it was 9 meters from any entrance... I don't remember though, it was just some random information for me when I was in first year. It might say at the entrances of residences though.
Old 07-04-2010 at 05:33 AM   #50
JeetDevDesai

Liked: 3 Times

I saw few people smoke....by the MUSC
Old 07-04-2010 at 11:07 AM   #51
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jntyrhds View Post
where can you buy the cheapest cigarettes?
Is the campus non-smoking?
I understand the convenience store across the street is pretty cool about it.
Old 07-04-2010 at 11:47 AM   #52
Maitland

Liked: 34 Times

The tunnels in West Quad, which run between Matthews, Moulton, Wallingford and Refectory, can be accessed even though you will be told that they are old, collapsed and are warned never to go in them. The mag locks that hold them shut disengage during fire alarms, so instead of running for the front door, head for the tunnels (and no, you can't be locked in when the locks re-engage). Just watch out for patrolling CAs. The tunnels aren't collapsed, and are just dirty and used for storage. The tunnel from Matthews basement actually leads to Refectory, and you can use it to get in there after hours during conveniently occurring fire alarms. That being said, never pull a fire alarm.

bcars says thanks to Maitland for this post.

Joey, stevennevets, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 07-06-2010 at 08:25 PM   #53
flash

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
The campus, although not immediately obvious, is designed to transform into a giant robot to protect the planet in the case of an alien attack . Only one other campus (I think in east asia somewhere?) is designed to do this. True story.
Marry me.
Old 07-06-2010 at 09:28 PM   #54
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

the cookies they sell in the vending machines (that package of two) are 300 calories each for a total of $1.25.

(Possibly) the fattest junk food for calorie/buck at mac
Old 07-06-2010 at 09:32 PM   #55
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyK View Post
the cookies they sell in the vending machines (that package of two) are 300 calories each for a total of $1.25.

(Possibly) the fattest junk food for calorie/buck at mac
THOSE COOKIES ARE GREAT
Old 08-10-2010 at 10:32 PM   #56

lollz anyone know any secrets about the residences? I am at Edwards, the 80 year old building ...
Old 08-11-2010 at 06:55 AM   #57
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0014 View Post
lollz anyone know any secrets about the residences? I am at Edwards, the 80 year old building ...
It's the most centrally located residence meaning generally in total, you have to walk less to your classes compared to other residences.

The games room is the best chilling out room.
Old 08-12-2010 at 11:14 AM   #58
kiran_sc

wally is haunted
Old 08-18-2010 at 07:14 PM   #59
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

There is a stoner shrine in the woods of Cootes Paradise behind Mac, on Secret Island (although apparently it's now called "Cockpit Island" on google maps). There's a little hand made lean-to shelter, a couple of hammocks, and a waterproof box filled with "give one, take one" stoner related goodies.

I wouldn't recommend swimming..

Last edited by ViktorVaughn : 08-18-2010 at 08:41 PM.

AelyaS says thanks to ViktorVaughn for this post.
Old 08-21-2010 at 11:56 PM   #60
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
There is a stoner shrine in the woods of Cootes Paradise behind Mac, on Secret Island (although apparently it's now called "Cockpit Island" on google maps). There's a little hand made lean-to shelter, a couple of hammocks, and a waterproof box filled with "give one, take one" stoner related goodies.

I wouldn't recommend swimming..
I am definitely, definitely going here.