MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Graduate school admission question (easy question) Mac12 Academics 3 09-30-2008 06:27 PM

Shallow Question...

Old 04-22-2009 at 05:48 PM   #31
ViktorVaughn

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by alawlor View Post
This past fall I had the exhilerating experience (sarcasm) of touring five universities (U of T, Mac, Guelph, Western, and Laurier) with my friend Rebekah. Obviously among other things during the tour we were interested in the hot guy population of each university. This is what I can tell you:

U of T has a beautiful, albeit urban campus. Generally less hot boys since it is a very prestigious institution that recruits very bright students (who are unfortunatley less good looking as a general (key word-- general) rule), however there is hope (sports teams are a generally good place to look and *gag* fraternities). About 90% (exaggeration) of the student population is Asian, which depending on what you're looking for could be favourable.

McMaster was more hopeful than U of T (however, as somebody mentioned previously -- there are a LOT more girls than guys from what I've noticed). I happened to notice a lot of cute boys, but my friend who attends Mac claims there are NONE, maybe I just happened to come on a good day -- who knows.

Western -- again, a lot of minorities (not necessarily good or bad, just an observation) -- the girls are generally good looking, the boys are mediocre. I wasn't paying much attention on this tour due to the fact that it was 2.5 hours in length and I was concentrating really hard on trying not to kill the fellow parents who accompanied us on our tour.

Guelph was, from what I observed, an average institution when it comes to how goodlooking or non-goodlooking the students were. Some girls/boys were pretty/handsome, and some were downright homely.

Laurier was the most promising school in the looks department (I've noticed that the less selective the universities become, the better looking the students get -- just saying). If you are a stereotypical male, this is definatley the place for you. The campus was flooded with blonde and beautiful girls in tight little abercrombie sweatshirts. The guys weren't bad either.

Hope this helps

Where's my nifty little PC to English dictionary..

Aaah yes, here it is.

Translation:

I think dumb people are hot and minorities are ugly.

Old 04-22-2009 at 07:59 PM   #32
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

Confession:
I had my picture for my student card picture taken in the registrar's office during May at Mac before I came in September. I look like an idiot in this picture not because I was having a bad hair day or something, no, I look like an idiot because I have a stupid grin on my face cause the guy taking my picture was very attractive. I distinctly remember saying to my father "University is going to be awesome". He replied with something about home schooling. heh.

Old 04-23-2009 at 12:33 AM   #33
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorVaughn View Post
Where's my nifty little PC to English dictionary..

Aaah yes, here it is.

Translation:

I think dumb people are hot and minorities are ugly.

HAHAHAHA. That's what I thought she was saying too, oh man.

Well, having gone to McMaster for several months now, it's alright in terms of good-looking people... but I don't really look that much. The guys I know here say that the girls are really hot at Mac, so maybe that's an indication.