MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-15-2008 at 09:59 PM   #1
spiotrowski

Liked: 0 Times

What Should I Do?
Alright, so I've attached my schedule to this post.
What I was thinking about was getting rid of my Women's Studies in Term 1 and Peace Studies in Term 2 and replacing it with Political Science.

Do you think that having both Spanish all year alongside Political Science will be too much?
Ah.. I don't know what to do because I want to keep my options open for second year but I dont wanna be completely overwhelmed with work lol.

Comments appreciated Thaaaaanks !
Hopefully these links work lol.

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/phot...077_180 1.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/phot...076_112 8.jpg
Old 08-15-2008 at 11:25 PM   #2
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

I haven't taken the Pol Sci course but I have taken Spanish 1Z06. It is a lot of work (if you have Dr. Velasquez) I had to do around 3 compositions, 3 dictations, 1 midterm and a few quizzes in a term. I ended up spending more time on Spanish than on any of my other courses. Well...that's just me.

Hope that helps!
Old 08-17-2008 at 01:39 AM   #3
furrys

Liked: 0 Times

the first year poli sci isn't too bad, it definitely shouldn't be worse than the single peace studies/womens studies classes. don't be put off by the class because it's a full year course. too be quite honest, most of the full year classes i've had seem to be more laid back because profs feel like they have more time to get things done.
Old 08-18-2008 at 02:36 PM   #4
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times

I agree with furrys. Full year courses aren't necessarily harder. Sometimes they can be a pain if the final exam covers the ENTIRE year (some profs just do a final exam for term 2). I took PolSci 1G06 and it was good. It's pretty basic stuff. It's not too hard.

In my opinion, I would take PolSci 1G06 over WomStud 1A03. I took both. I hated WomStud 1A03. That can be a very hard class to sit through (for me it was). I didn't take PeaceStud, so I don't know about that class.