MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
legal name on new student form?? jikim First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-26-2012 10:37 AM
Legal aid at McMaster arjunbhaga Student Deals & Discounts 3 02-08-2012 02:49 AM

Should this be legal?

Old 12-08-2014 at 01:47 PM   #1
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

Should this be legal?
These women have been coming to our house almost every day trying to get us to convert to their religion. When we don't answer, they keep ringing the doorbell. We've made it very clear (in the most polite way possible) that we're not interested, but they insist on coming back. I personally think that it should be illegal to bother someone in their home and proceed to force your beliefs on them. If you want to spread the word about your religion, you should do so on public property (if you must).

I don't see the point in doing this. Why can't people just believe what they want and let others have their own beliefs? Why this need to convince everyone that your way is the right way? This is the reason our world is turning to shit.

mac_5555 likes this.
Old 12-08-2014 at 04:24 PM   #2
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

I would have so much fun with that, if they're being rude to you, feel free to be rude to them [within reason].

mac_5555 likes this.
Old 12-08-2014 at 05:17 PM   #3
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 173 Times

It is:

"Trespass to Property Act" of Ontario

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/sta..._90t21_ e.htm

See:

2. (1) Every person who is not acting under a right or authority conferred by law and who,

(b) does not leave the premises immediately after he or she is directed to do so by the occupier of the premises or a person authorized by the occupier,

is guilty of an offence and on conviction is liable to a fine of not more than $2,000. R.S.O. 1990, c. T.21, s. 2 (1).

SweetyTweety likes this.
Old 12-08-2014 at 05:32 PM   #4
GeorgeLucas
Elite Member

Liked: 91 Times

Just greet them and then start telling them your crazy sex adventures. Come up with all sorts of fucked up shit to make them as uncomfortable as possible. I did that to some woman that called me several times a week about some Church or whatever, then I never heard from her again.
Old 12-08-2014 at 07:17 PM   #5
stars

Liked: 4 Times

then why don't you just convert to christianity? it's a real peaceful religion
Old 12-08-2014 at 07:39 PM   #6
airvcarmelo

Liked: 42 Times

Say this "For your sake, I hope heaven is easier to get into than my house."

auri likes this.