MacInsiders Logo
Old 01-16-2013 at 07:10 PM   #16
DMe3

Liked: 26 Times

Ugh the SAME thing happened to my friend earlier this week, so glad you got this resolved. Sorry you have to go downtown though :p I really don't like that area too much either, sketchy sketchy Hammy :/
Old 01-17-2013 at 12:51 AM   #17
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Some HSR drivers, I bet these are the same ones who don't stop for passengers sometimes.

Also FYI, GRT (waterloo/kitchener local transit) are authorized to take WatCards (waterloo student IDs) if they're expired.
Old 01-17-2013 at 10:26 AM   #18
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulud View Post
Yea, I'm honestly confused, so I'm gonna say no? I had no idea we needed to replace stickers... and I never received anything in the mail.
Make sure you thoroughly read all correspondence from Mac in the future that isn't email spam. The stickers from every year have the date very, very clearly printed on them. I feel like that should have been a hint...

HSR sometimes has problems with students who are no longer students (and therefore don't have new stickers) trying to avoid paying fare by using their old student cards. That's probably what the driver thought you were doing, though confiscating your card was definitely not an appropriate response.
Old 01-20-2013 at 05:11 PM   #19
zw28168

Liked: Liked 4 Times

is it possible to get HSR fully refound? I like walking
Old 01-20-2013 at 05:41 PM   #20
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zw28168 View Post
is it possible to get HSR fully refound? I like walking
Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible:
" You cannot opt-out of the Bus Pass fee."

https://www.msumcmaster.ca/info/faqs

Ponyo likes this.
Old 01-20-2013 at 06:05 PM   #21
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

Definitely not possible. The only reason we are able to get the bus pass at such a cheap price is because there's no opt-out option.
Old 01-20-2013 at 06:57 PM   #22
rpg51
Elite Member

Liked: 139 Times

This has nothing to do with what you guys are talking about, but I remember when the name of your thread was "so this bitch" so I immediately thought of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LGEiIL1__s