MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So, Supernatural fans? karellen Movies & Television 13 09-06-2010 11:21 PM
Any metal fans? bgold Music 17 08-13-2010 04:54 PM
any pretty little liars fans out there? macbaby07 Movies & Television 3 06-22-2010 10:34 PM
Any LOST fans out there? maclover Movies & Television 13 05-12-2010 08:06 PM

So, for all you Batman fans out there....

Old 06-05-2010 at 10:45 AM   #1
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

So, for all you Batman fans out there....

Who do you think will be the next Batman villain, and by whom would you like to see them played?

My friend and I were discussing the possibility of Ben Kingsley playing The Penguin as an aristocratic arms-dealer, which I believe would be much more interesting than Philip Seymour Hoffman. Also, we were thinking that Harley Quinn and Scarecrow could be working alongside The Penguin; as for who would play Harley Quinn, I have no idea.

I was also thinking Black Mask would be pretty cool, if Hush or Deadshot played opposite to him. Or perhaps Bane....they would all be really interesting.

I suppose I'm taking a gamble on the nerdiness factor on Macinsiders, but what the hey - Batman is amazing. (For those of you not well versed in Batman lore, I will direct you here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_villains)

Discuss!

Last edited by Shmowen : 06-05-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-05-2010 at 10:50 AM   #2
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Michael C. Hall or NPH as the Riddler
Old 06-05-2010 at 11:11 AM   #3
thompson

Liked: 4 Times

Catwoman now that rachael is dead.
Old 06-05-2010 at 11:28 AM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

There were rumours a while ago that Johnny Depp would be the Riddler, which I thought would have been awesome. David Tennant would also be awesome for that role I think.

EDIT: And while I'm thinking of Doctor Who actors, either Christoper Eccleston or John Barrowman would be cool as Killer Croc or Clayface.

Last edited by Marlowe : 06-05-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-06-2010 at 03:24 PM   #5
leech3

Liked: 2 Times

Considering that these newer Batman movies focus more on being more realistic and serious, I would say the Riddler.
Penguins are cool, but it'd be hard for me to take a penguin-man seriously in terms of being a villian. but then again, I always thought the Scarecrow was stupid, but they managed to make him interesting in the movie.
Old 06-06-2010 at 03:35 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

This thread.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Shmowen likes this.
Old 06-06-2010 at 06:26 PM   #7
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times

Well, he's going to need a new love interest because that's how movies are...It'll have to be Catwoman, or Talia Al Ghul if she exists in the movie-verse. I hope they don't use Vicki Vale.....Talia might be best if they want to tie it in with the first movie.

I'm in favor of the Riddler as well for the other villain. I'd like to see The Ventriloquist as well, since he would fit into that world with a little tweaking...But Riddler should definitely be the main villain
Old 06-06-2010 at 07:14 PM   #8
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post
Michael C. Hall or NPH as the Riddler
NPH? Really?

I've heard rumours of Riddler being the next villain. As much as I love Johnny Depp - nahh. People were saying Jim Carrey but, hm, I don't know.
Old 06-06-2010 at 07:21 PM   #9
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Tay Zonday

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 06-06-2010 at 08:38 PM   #10
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
NPH? Really?

I've heard rumours of Riddler being the next villain. As much as I love Johnny Depp - nahh. People were saying Jim Carrey but, hm, I don't know.

Ive heard it around.. I really think Michael C Hall would be fabulous as it...

they could probably invent a singing villain for NPH, haha. Everything has a "musical" episode for him these days
Old 06-06-2010 at 09:35 PM   #11
Omega_X13

Liked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by micadjems View Post

they could probably invent a singing villain for NPH, haha. Everything has a "musical" episode for him these days
Well, he did do the voice of the Music Meister in an episode of the new Batman cartoon...

micadjems likes this.
Old 06-06-2010 at 10:21 PM   #12
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

I wanna see Harley, even though the Joker's kinda out now. They could redo Mr.Feeze, since the last version didn't do him justice at all.

And I'd like Clayface, but he's got the same no-realism problem as the Penguin.

But far and away, what we need now, is Calender Man!
Old 06-06-2010 at 11:05 PM   #13
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Ya, I suppose it would have to be a realistic villain, considering how Christopher Nolan has essentially turned Batman into Heat with a Batmobile. I still think Hush would be good, since he wouldn't be like the arch-nemesis of Batman (like the Joker was) but more so like an Anti-Batman. Bane could work for this too.

Michael C Hall? I dunno......although, that's what people were saying about Heath Ledger, so who knows.

Alternatively, Nolan could go in a completely different direction and incorporate the Metropolis/Superman storyline, just to disappoint all us loyal fans (Pirates of the Caribbean 3, anyone?)