MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do you not meet girls at mac? ZSimon Dating & Relationships 33 10-17-2011 10:04 AM
how do you meet girls at mac? jamesl Dating & Relationships 257 10-14-2011 03:30 PM
MI Meet Up! Marlowe MacInsiders Announcements 104 10-20-2010 10:34 PM
MI Meet Up! Marlowe General Discussion 134 10-17-2010 01:53 AM

So... How do I meet gay/bi guys at mac?

Old 12-06-2011 at 02:16 PM   #16
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
Pretty sure Embassy is a gay club, it's in Hess I believe
Embassy is the queer club, but it's tucked away at King and Hughson. There used to be The Werx, but it's only open for special events now.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 12-06-2011 at 02:22 PM   #17
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

^^ what the hell that has to do woth anything. The nice thing about mac is no one bothers anyone, at least from what I've seen. In my bio class, the guy who used to sit in front of me now sits with his bf, they cuddle more than any couple, hetro or not that I've ever seen, but no one has said anything to them.

L'Étoile, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 12-06-2011 at 02:30 PM   #18
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
Embassy is the queer club, but it's tucked away at King and Hughson. There used to be The Werx, but it's only open for special events now.
OP should have pm'd this guy, no one else seems to know a damn thing, other than make lame jokes.
Old 12-06-2011 at 02:58 PM   #19
Salik

Liked: 32 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
^^ what the hell that has to do woth anything. The nice thing about mac is no one bothers anyone, at least from what I've seen. In my bio class, the guy who used to sit in front of me now sits with his bf, they cuddle more than any couple, hetro or not that I've ever seen, but no one has said anything to them.
Im assuming that was for me

I don't know why you took anything negative out of that...the OP asked where he can find gay/bi people and I only answered the question.

And i just found it comical that instead of sitting together immediately, people have to shift their seats closer everyday if they are interested.

I didn't mention anything about gay people being less affectionate or anyone bothering them.

Old 12-06-2011 at 04:04 PM   #20
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
OP should have pm'd this guy, no one else seems to know a damn thing, other than make lame jokes.
Mine wasn't a joke :(

Old 12-06-2011 at 04:06 PM   #21
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Embassy

QSCC (Is it still called this since 2010?) - 2nd floor of the student centre

Old 12-06-2011 at 05:00 PM   #22
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Embassy isn't in Hess, it's basically right across Jackson Square. But it's not at the front, the entrance is at the back (Harhar)

Seriously though, it's kinda hard to find I guess? Like once you see it you'll definitely go "wtf there's something here?"

inb4 people take this as confirmation that i'm not straight

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 12-06-2011 at 05:07 PM   #23
Sabid

Liked: 20 Times

Embassy is an awful place full of awful people.

I'm in my fourth year here at Mac and have put in a solid effort to participate in whatever gay scene there is here in Mcmaster/Hamilton since first year, garnering less than positive results.

Save your Timmies money, buy a GO ticket and take the next bus into Toronto next time you feel like getting your "gay" on.
Old 12-06-2011 at 05:14 PM   #24
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabid View Post
Save your Timmies money, buy a GO ticket and take the next bus into Toronto next time you feel like getting your "gay" on.
So true, there is nothing gay about hamilton. its just soo .. ugh i hate this place.

Toronto FTW

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

lt93 likes this.
Old 12-06-2011 at 07:40 PM   #25
BJSchleifer
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 45 Times

Is there really no gay scene here? 1280 really needs an LGBT night.

Old 12-06-2011 at 08:15 PM   #26
BJSchleifer
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 45 Times

Going off my last comment, I came up with an idea for a 1280 event (or other party) that's kind of a variation of the "red light green light party" idea. Everyone wears a shirt that represents the gender they're attracted to; that way, everyone knows who to hit on:
Green means Girls (lesbian girls and straight guys)
Blue means Boys (gay guys and straight girls)
Black means Both (bisexual guys and girls)
Red means Stop (don't hit on me; I'm just here to dance)
White means Wait (don't hit on me; if I'm interested, I'll hit on you)
That way, everyone knows who to flirt with. It also encourages girls to be more forward, because anyone wearing black or green wants to be hit on by a girl.
Any thoughts?

Old 12-06-2011 at 08:18 PM   #27
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSchleifer View Post
Going off my last comment, I came up with an idea for a 1280 event (or other party) that's kind of a variation of the "red light green light party" idea. Everyone wears a shirt that represents the gender they're attracted to; that way, everyone knows who to hit on:
Green means Girls (lesbian girls and straight guys)
Blue means Boys (gay guys and straight girls)
Black means Both (bisexual guys and girls)
Red means Stop (don't hit on me; I'm just here to dance)
White means Wait (don't hit on me; if I'm interested, I'll hit on you)
That way, everyone knows who to flirt with. It also encourages girls to be more forward, because anyone wearing black or green wants to be hit on by a girl.
Any thoughts?
Sounds neat, find a group to support this, talk to 1280 management or campus events.
Old 12-06-2011 at 08:34 PM   #28
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

To those saying that there is no scene: there totally is. There is the QSCC which a lot of people utilize, we all seem to kind of know each other. There is also a Hamilton scene which I am not too actively involved with, although I seem to know everyone there too. Embassy is kind of sketchy, but it provides for a good time when drunk. Every "scene" has its issues and drama. I say don't get involved and just have fun. I know people in Toronto who will actually escape to Hamilton because they are tired of running into the same old people haha. I am also on the tentatively titled SWQTN (Social Work Queer and Trans Network), we are hoping to have some social events for anyone who identifies as Queer and Trans (or ally) in the SW department . There are networks around and I'd say just get involved regarding how comfortable you are.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 12-06-2011 at 08:55 PM   #29
SandraM

Liked: 4 Times

i know a cute gay friend of mine in 3rd year if anyone is interested lol
he will kill me if he knew i posted this. lol
Old 12-06-2011 at 09:18 PM   #30
Sabid

Liked: 20 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraM View Post
i know a cute gay friend of mine in 3rd year if anyone is interested lol
he will kill me if he knew i posted this. lol