MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do you not meet girls at mac? ZSimon Dating & Relationships 33 10-17-2011 10:04 AM
how do you meet girls at mac? jamesl Dating & Relationships 257 10-14-2011 03:30 PM
MI Meet Up! Marlowe MacInsiders Announcements 104 10-20-2010 10:34 PM
MI Meet Up! Marlowe General Discussion 134 10-17-2010 01:53 AM

So... How do I meet gay/bi guys at mac?

Old 12-07-2011 at 02:58 PM   #46
RockerSocker
Account Locked

Liked: 90 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJSchleifer View Post
That's actually really prejudice. You're going to have to source your claims. Also, just because some guys are sluts doesn't mean all guys are, and just because some guys have game doesn't mean all guys do, gay or straight. Even if OP wasn't serious, the question is still a serious, legitimate question.
Let me point out an example of what I'm talking about. I have a friend, and first year, her roommate was a slut. My friend told me that her first year roommate would basically say "I'm going to find somewhere else to sleep tonight; I'm going to Quarters." (1280 use to be called Quarters.) Apparently, there's lots of female sluts that will practically sleep with anyone. That doesn't change the fact that I haven't met any of them.
And consider this: gays account for, what, 10% of the population? How many of those guys are out of the closet? You can't just go up to every guy and hit on them, because 90% of the time, you'll just be freaking someone out. So it doesn't matter if Freija's a troll; the point remains valid.
You should be careful about using the term "slut", it's not an acceptable word to use on macinsiders. (because apparently a girl/guy that sleeps with a bunch of guys is simply liberated and having fun, definitely has nothing to do with that person having no standards/self-respect/shame/dignity.)

Commie8507 likes this.
Old 12-07-2011 at 03:23 PM   #47
BJSchleifer
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 45 Times

This is odd. For some reason I can't see RockerSocker's post.

Edit:
Never mind. Found out how to fix it.

Last edited by BJSchleifer : 12-07-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-07-2011 at 04:11 PM   #48
Notmarkshaw

Liked: 1 Time

Hey guys!!

I don't normally follow Macinsiders, but my name is Mark and I volunteer for McMaster's Queer Students Community Centre (QSCC) in the Students Centre! I do internet stuffsies.

I think the best way to meet gay/bi guys is to get involved here! We're a pretty massive community of GLBTQ and Allies. Check out our website: http://www.msumcmaster.ca/qscc.htm which has links to our Facebook group & Twitter.

Our social space in the Students Centre is busy all day every day with friendly chatty people (opening again in Jan). Expect 5-20 people to be there at all times (sometimes into the night hanging out)

We have newcomer's meetings weekly during the term (starting again in Jan) for people coming out & new. This year we're averaging 10-20 people per meeting. Plus free snacks and cool people.

You can also join our Facebook group and socialize if you're shyer (170+ members)

And trust me, allies are totally welcome to volunteer, get involved and hang out too! Just come say hi!

crazyfree likes this.
Old 12-07-2011
Notmarkshaw
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 12-19-2011 at 01:54 AM   #49
Avacadavo

Liked: Liked 6 Times

QSCC Information
Hi all!
Anyone looking to get more involved with the LGBTQ community at Mac is more than welcome to check out the Queer Students Community Centre. It's MUSC 221 and you can't miss it, it has the rainbow decals on the windows.

Amenities include: the largest resource library in the Niagara area, a Safe/social space, awesome events, a safer-sex box for all your needs (completely anonymous, just help yourself!), and a bunch of friendly execs and volunteers ready and able to assist with any questions you might have.

The QSCC also hosts events like the drag show, and gayzer tag for those looking to meet more members of the mac community. In addition, the Centre offers 'Newcomers Meetings' for those students who are uncomfortable participating with the Centre and/or who are just beginning the coming out process.

These meetings are completely anonymous and are held every other week in a different location to preserve anonymity. Two execs are there to assist you as best they can, and everyone is very friendly. More specific assistance can be offered via Peer Counselling. To find out more information, feel free to contact
[email protected] OR call at 905 525 9140 x 27397.

The QSCC is open 9:30-5:30 am Mon-Friday during the regular term. You can also get ahold of them on twitter at mac_qscc or an Facebook at McMaster QSCC.

Hope to see you around!
Old 12-19-2011 at 03:36 AM   #50
nomchock

Liked: 31 Times

the average conservative in canada is nowhere close to those issues

i dont think anyone cares about gay people getting married in canada anymore, same with abortions, israel, all that shit is a moot point

this isn't america where people campaign on such retardation

your generic conservative cares about the economy and not getting ****ed by the UNs retarded climate change wealth redistribution schemes
Old 01-09-2012 at 06:20 PM   #51
Jenniferlynn

Liked: 0 Times

Gay Club - Embassy! Its a good time, there's a drag show too
Old 01-09-2012 at 10:03 PM   #52
LaurenP

this is going to sound like a stereotype, but in first year i was in choir and there were a lot of gay guys. they were hot too, in my opinion
Old 01-21-2012 at 03:57 PM   #53
superkrae

QSCC in the Students centre
Embassy-gay club and lots of fun!
The Well-LGBTQ centre in downtown Hamilton. They have lots of different groups you can go too to meet gay and bisexual guys.
Online dating sites like OKcupid

SHEC in the student centre also has lots of books and resources relating to gay and bisexaul guys (and women and queer students in general)