MacInsiders Logo
Old 11-13-2010 at 05:44 PM   #31
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

wow @ you lames ruining my beautiful thread

none of you can rollerskate, brown people are incapable of skating.
Old 11-13-2010 at 05:45 PM   #32
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Whats wrong with spelling stuff the way you want? Unless your an english major, who cares.

Which is why I sometimes twitch when reading Desda's posts.
Old 11-13-2010 at 07:48 PM   #33
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Whats wrong with spelling stuff the way you want? Unless your an english major, who cares.
<incoming rant>

Why does one have to be an English major to care about proper spelling and grammar?

As my TA, who is also a member here, can attest to, I'm an engineer(ing student) and I care about proper spelling and grammar. So much so that I wrote the longest thing I've ever had to submit to be marked on the topic. Sumit, you're in Management, so you it should matter at least a little to you too.

Also as such, I twitched a little at your use of "your".

The thing is though, that even though Desda might be kind of an idiot, I don't mind her ridiculous spelling of words since it suggests she's putting effort into her posts. The proper use of capitals and periods helps too.

On the other hand, another sanguinary idiot on MI posts looks like how people would type if they were blindfolded, had their fingernails freshly ripped off, and found themselves without a "backspace" key. It's just lazy spelling and that's what gets me.

It's not that I expect perfect, Queen Elizabeth-like spelling and grammar from everyone. Hell, I'm aware that my own could use improvement too, but a bit of effort goes a long way. Be aware of the keys on your keyboard other than the twenty-six letters and backspace. Embrace the apostrophe, the comma, and other forms of punctuation. And for God's sake, learn that the letter "Z" is not functionally identical to the letter "S".

</end rant>

Last edited by Entropy : 11-14-2010 at 01:24 AM.

anon491, lorend all say thanks to Entropy for this post.

anon491, lorend like this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 07:49 PM   #34
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desda View Post
Oooh snap, you caught me. D:
My sole purpose in life is to post on MI in such a way that would make one very particular big, brown guy angry.

////////

o0o0o0 [email protected], u cawt mee~~~
mah soul perpose in lyfe is 2 p0st 0n MI in such a w4y th4t w0u1d m4k3 1 velly partickular big brown guy angeryyyyyyyyy! hurhurhurhurhurhruslf hlsf /Gives virtual
oh my god :O seems like the little asian girl with a deep voice, a scary stalker attributed one sided love for a certain someone while hoping to sleep with his jacket, found out that i totally get angry over her writing style!! Shit and here i was trying to hide it with ALL my MIGHT. you no you might wanna find a different purpose in life...

lol trust me i aint the only one you annoy..you can be sure of that

Tailsnake likes this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:10 PM   #35
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

I'm gonna stray off topic a bit more and say that although improper spelling/grammar really irks me, the way Desda does it isn't annoying. She does it on purpose, and I often find myself cracking up at it (yes, I normally find the most ordinary stuff pretty funny).

What I find really annoying is when people talk lyk oh hai thar 0mg im so laZ 2 taype out all mah w0rdz or im too stoopid 2 realyies dat im speelin it rong.

Even I occasionally fall into the lazy habit of typing short hand, but I usually try to make an effort to keep it proper. Or maybe I just didn't reread my post, and there are spelling mistakes. But the people who output crap all the time...those people make me want to punch something. Hard.

---

In an attempt to say something on topic...

I liked the fog.
kthxbai
Old 11-13-2010 at 10:52 PM   #36
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
wow @ you lames ruining my beautiful thread

none of you can rollerskate, brown people are incapable of skating.
That my friend, is false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
kthxbai
I hate ending with kthxbai. Seems weird.
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:13 PM   #37
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
I hate ending with kthxbai. Seems weird.
I dunno, I don't find it that weird.

Okay?

Thanks.

Bye.

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:18 PM   #38
Toast
Elite Member

Liked: 258 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWalker View Post
I'm gonna stray off topic a bit more and say that although improper spelling/grammar really irks me, the way Desda does it isn't annoying. She does it on purpose, and I often find myself cracking up at it (yes, I normally find the most ordinary stuff pretty funny).

What I find really annoying is when people talk lyk oh hai thar 0mg im so laZ 2 taype out all mah w0rdz or im too stoopid 2 realyies dat im speelin it rong.

Even I occasionally fall into the lazy habit of typing short hand, but I usually try to make an effort to keep it proper. Or maybe I just didn't reread my post, and there are spelling mistakes. But the people who output crap all the time...those people make me want to punch something. Hard.

---

In an attempt to say something on topic...

I liked the fog.
kthxbai
I can deal with the awkward spelling, it is the internetz after all...

What I can't stand is riding home on the GO bus, hearing, "like, we had this test, like, today. It was like, so, like, hard. Like, I don't no why our teacher, like, had to make it so, like, difficult. Like, I even spent, like, all night trying to like, prepare..."

If I need some shut-eye I'll keeping a running tally, usually falling asleep by 70-80.

Maybe we should try thinking about what we want to say before spewing verbal diarrhea, not everyone has to hear you talk for the entire trip.

SilentWalker likes this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:25 PM   #39
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

I kept expecting huge monsters to come lumbering out of the fog and kill us all. Other than the terror it instilled in me, I found it quite beautiful.

Old 11-13-2010 at 11:26 PM   #40
SilentWalker
∞/0? Only I know.

Liked: 202 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
I can deal with the awkward spelling, it is the internetz after all...

What I can't stand is riding home on the GO bus, hearing, "like, we had this test, like, today. It was like, so, like, hard. Like, I don't no why our teacher, like, had to make it so, like, difficult. Like, I even spent, like, all night trying to like, prepare..."

If I need some shut-eye I'll keeping a running tally, usually falling asleep by 70-80.

Maybe we should try thinking about what we want to say before spewing verbal diarrhea, not everyone has to hear you talk for the entire trip.
I want to murder people who say 'like', or 'fcuking' in every sentence. I want to murder them in more exquisite ways if the user of 'like' fits the annoying 'North American teenage girl' stereotype, or if the user of 'fcuking' is making a failed attempt at being a G.

I've once had to sit on a bus in front of this idiot who won't stop talking, and won't stop swearing in his speech, and outputting crap like "Fcuking thanks man, I'm fcuking gonna fcuking not gonna get a fcuking heart attack any more."

Last edited by SilentWalker : 11-13-2010 at 11:35 PM.

justinsftw likes this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:27 PM   #41
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Mmmm, I love seeing yellow HID's during doggy weather.
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:29 PM   #42
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfree View Post
I kept expecting huge monsters to come lumbering out of the fog and kill us all. Other than the terror it instilled in me, I found it quite beautiful.
I expected butchers with pyramid shaped helmets carrying large kitchen knives, but then again I assume we've been influenced by different types of media =/

crazyfree, Entropy like this.
Old 11-13-2010 at 11:33 PM   #43
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF_CHAN View Post
I expected butchers with pyramid shaped helmets carrying large kitchen knives, but then again I assume we've been influenced by different types of media =/
I didn't even think of silent hill. My terror has increased ten fold. Thank you.
/quivers in a ball

And yea, I was orginally thinking of The Mist.

JEFF_CHAN likes this.
Old 11-14-2010 at 01:08 AM   #44
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodywarz View Post
oh my god :O seems like the little asian girl with a deep voice, a scary stalker attributed one sided love for a certain someone while hoping to sleep with his jacket, found out that i totally get angry over her writing style!! Shit and here i was trying to hide it with ALL my MIGHT. you no you might wanna find a different purpose in life...

lol trust me i aint the only one you annoy..you can be sure of that
haters gon hateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kthxbai.

Old 11-14-2010 at 01:12 AM   #45
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
<incoming rant>

Why does one have to be an English major to care about proper spelling and grammar?

As my TA, who is also a member here, can attest to, I'm an engineer(ing student) and I care about proper spelling and grammar. So much so that I wrote the longest thing I've ever had to submit to be marked on the topic. Sumit, you're in Management, so you it should matter at least a little to you too.

Also as such, I twitched a little at your use of "your".

The thing is though, that even though Desda might be kind of an idiot, I don't mind her ridiculous spelling of words since it suggests she's putting effort into her posts. The proper use of capitals and periods helps too.

On the other hand, another sanguinary idiot on the MI's posts looks like how people would type if they were blindfolded, had their fingernails freshly ripped off, and found themselves without a "backspace" key. It's just lazy spelling and that's what gets me.

It's not that I expect perfect, Queen Elizabeth-like spelling and grammar from everyone. Hell, I'm aware that my own could use improvement too, but a bit of effort goes a long way. Be aware of the keys on your keyboard other than the twenty-six letters and backspace. Embrace the apostrophe, the comma, and other forms of punctuation. And for God's sake, learn that the letter "Z" is not functionally identical to the letter "S".

</end rant>
I had to un-subtle your subtlety.

Sanguinary: Involving or causing much bloodshed.

<3