MacInsiders Logo

So they really won't budge...

Old 07-23-2010 at 02:07 PM   #1
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

So they really won't budge...
I got a response to the email I sent to Housing about their newly enforced fridge policy and it really seems as though they're not willing to 1) listen and 2) change their policy....

Here's the response I received:

Thank you for your note. I appreciate your perspective on this policy matter and the timing of same. We thought long and hard about this and considered the potential impacts as you have described and took the decision to proceed.

I have personally worked with Coldex these last 2 years and we have made some significant strides. All units they supplied McMaster University in 2009-10 were EnergyStar rated, and this is the standard going forward. In addition, if you rent prior to August 13, 2010 you will be guaranteed a brand new unit; please see their updated website for further details.

We look forward to welcoming you to Les Prince Hall and McMaster in September.

Kindest regards,
Old 07-23-2010 at 02:13 PM   #2
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

LOL Did you raise any issue other than the energy one? It would be funny if you did.
Old 07-23-2010 at 02:18 PM   #3
SciMania
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
LOL Did you raise any issue other than the energy one? It would be funny if you did.
I raise SOOOO many issues, the main one being the short notice, i had the most to say about that. The energy one was only a small part of my complaint.

Way to dodge the issue...ugh they're so frustrating!!!!

First of all if they read the first line of my email they would know that i'm not a first year student and thus need no welcoming to McMaster...

Secondly, given that my email was 4 paragraphs long addressing several issues, a measly 2 paragraphs that do not address the issue is INSUFFICIENT...

I love McMaster more and more everyday.....

Last edited by SciMania : 07-23-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-23-2010 at 02:24 PM   #4
mike_302
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I'm not in first year, so I can't email them about this so much, but can an incoming frosh do this for me and post the reply:

Email the same people at housing and say the following:

I have purchased a fridge for the upcoming year, opened it up to make sure there are no dents or scratches, and it is out of the 14 day return period. When will I see reimbursement from Housing? What is your response to this issue, as a friend of mine also has the same problem. I hardly believe we are the only two people either...

Let me know ASAP, as fridges are not cheap, and it looks like I'm forced to pay for yours now too.

Thanks

Old 07-23-2010 at 03:21 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

It was probably a pre-written message reply due to the massive amount of shit they're getting from students.
Old 07-23-2010 at 04:09 PM   #6
SciMania
Elite Member

This policy just makes zero sense, I mean they're not even guaranteeing that we'll receive an energy efficient fridge!!!

I don't see anywhere where they informed us that we have to purchase before aug 13th to receive a new fridge....

They just keep making up crap to save their asses!

I dont think it could have been automated because it says "we look forward to welcoming you to les prince", unless there is a way to personalize mass emails in that way...
Old 07-23-2010 at 04:45 PM   #7
pinkpen

Liked: 0 Times

I wrote a VERY long email to them, which raises the many issues a lot of students are now facing and this is the response i get.

Thank you for your note. I appreciate your perspective on this policy matter and the timing of same. We thought long and hard about this and considered the potential impacts as you have described and took the decision to proceed.

I do hope you will be able to return the refrigerator you have acquired or make other arrangements for its use.

We look forward to welcoming you to Whidden Hall and McMaster in September.
Kindest regards,
Old 07-23-2010
lawleypop
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-24-2010 at 11:20 AM   #8
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpen View Post
I do hope you will be able to return the refrigerator you have acquired or make other arrangements for its use.
LMFAO

*sigh*

sell it to someone at another university?
Old 07-24-2010 at 11:29 AM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

I think everyone in residence should ask for a refund for the fridges they bought already prior to the notice given by housing.

.:callen:. likes this.
Old 07-24-2010 at 12:38 PM   #10
Boolean

Liked: 169 Times

Maybe they should go ahead and make a deal with walmart and other big box stores so they can take more from our school related purchases.

if(at_first_you_dont_su cceed) break;

Old 07-24-2010 at 12:44 PM   #11
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

That's garbage.

I bet most people will sneak their fridge in anyway.
Old 07-24-2010 at 12:51 PM   #12
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

*rubs hands*
Stupid Question time!!

This is only for on residence, right? Not for SOCS? I mean, I got the e-mail, but I'm too lazy to search it up now and check it.
Old 07-24-2010 at 01:04 PM   #13
SciMania
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
*rubs hands*
Stupid Question time!!

This is only for on residence, right? Not for SOCS? I mean, I got the e-mail, but I'm too lazy to search it up now and check it.
Yup this is only on residence. Although I'm sure they're scheming up ways to control SOCS too in the future =\
Old 07-24-2010 at 01:04 PM   #14
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
*rubs hands*
Stupid Question time!!

Well, if you live in your own house off campus McMaster can't really make you do anything

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences