So they really won't budge...

Old 07-24-2010 at 01:05 PM   #16
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
*rubs hands*
Stupid Question time!!

This is only for on residence, right? Not for SOCS? I mean, I got the e-mail, but I'm too lazy to search it up now and check it.
How could they tell you you can't have your own fridge when you're living off campus? It's not their housing, lol.
Old 07-24-2010 at 01:17 PM   #17
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Hey, you can't say I didn't warn you!!

Thanks for the replies, though. I just thought that since it's through McMaster, they might have some control over that.
Old 07-24-2010 at 01:35 PM   #18
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
Hey, you can't say I didn't warn you!!

Thanks for the replies, though. I just thought that since it's through McMaster, they might have some control over that.
Off campus housing isn't really 'through' Mac, though. The landlords don't work for Mac or anything. The off-campus people are mostly just there to help you make sure you're not getting screwed over, to advise you of your rights or to help you settle disputes with your landlord (such as being forced to rent a fridge, lol!)
Old 07-24-2010 at 01:52 PM   #19
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Yeah, I was aware of that. But you never know when they might try to take it in their hands...you know.

*gathers whatever of dignity is left and leaves*
Old 07-24-2010 at 03:32 PM   #20
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

They probably will make a deal with a landlords or something one day, like to have to be full time or something. Just watch.
Old 07-24-2010 at 03:38 PM   #21
marieeeeeee

Liked: 26 Times

Has anyone contacted the housing director Cathy Miller instead of emailing residence admissions? I don't know if that might make a difference in the response.
Old 07-24-2010 at 03:43 PM   #22
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Hey, someone should take a shot of Ombuds...maybe they can doing something? I mean, this isn't sexual harassment, but I think it's mistreatment, especially with the short notice.
Old 07-28-2010 at 04:21 PM   #23
sarrah66

Liked: 22 Times

Dear McMaster students,

There has been an email account set up to gather student and parent concerns/complaints regarding the COLDEX Fridge Policy. If you have any friends, parents of friends, siblings (or you yourself) who are upset by the implementation of this policy, please urge them to write a letter expressing how they feel about this Policy, how it affects them, and anything else they feel is pertinent to the situation at hand.

Send it to: [email protected] gmail.com

Polite emails please, as this is a matter to be dealt with in a professional manner.

Thanks,

Sarrah Lal
VP Communications 2010-2011
Inter-Residence Council
Old 07-28-2010 at 04:26 PM   #24
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarrah66 View Post
Dear McMaster students,

There has been an email account set up to gather student and parent concerns/complaints regarding the COLDEX Fridge Policy. If you have any friends, parents of friends, siblings (or you yourself) who are upset by the implementation of this policy, please urge them to write a letter expressing how they feel about this Policy, how it affects them, and anything else they feel is pertinent to the situation at hand.

Send it to: [email protected] gmail.com

Polite emails please, as this is a matter to be dealt with in a professional manner.

Thanks,

Sarrah Lal
VP Communications 2010-2011
Inter-Residence Council
Is this set up by housing or IRC? (ie, who should emails be directed to?)

And if it's set up by housing...will anyone ever actually check it?
Old 07-28-2010 at 04:27 PM   #25
sarrah66

It's set up by the IRC
Old 07-28-2010 at 04:28 PM   #26
nerual
Account Disabled by User

I knew I was getting my hopes up that housing would actually DO anything...

Thanks Sarrah!!!
Old 07-28-2010 at 04:28 PM   #27
sarrah66

Haha, didn't read the first part of your question. It should be directed to Housing and Conference Services, because they were the ones who introduced and implemented it in the first place.