Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soc Sci 2EL0 ferreinm 2nd Year Course Reviews 14 09-03-2011 02:54 PM

Soc Sci 2el0

Old 06-02-2010 at 09:42 AM   #1
oHierlihy

Liked: 0 Times

Soc Sci 2el0
hey everyone

I have heard that SOC SCI 2EL0 is a really good course, and that it is free to SOC SCI Students. Im in Humanities and I want to take this course, so i was wondering if anyone knows what it would cost for a non-SOC-SCI too take it.

thanks
Old 06-02-2010 at 10:40 AM   #2
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I was originally in Social Science before switching into Humanities and took the course. To be honest, I had fun but it wasn't anything eye opening. The same resources for the program are at Career Services but they're more in depth at CS. There's something called the Career Planning Group (CPG) and it tackles the same sort of activities and I believe it costs about $25 and it's only for one day rather than spread out like Soc Sci 2EL0. Also, Career Services has in-depth resume critiquing whereas Soc Sci 2EL0 kind of skimmed over that portion. Sorry for not answering your question about cost, I'd recommend heading to KTH, their office is in there you just go straight and its on the left.
Old 06-02-2010 at 10:52 AM   #3
oHierlihy

Liked: 0 Times

hey, thank you very much ferreinm, that was very helpful information.
Old 06-02-2010 at 11:34 AM   #4
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Hi, I took Soc Sci 2EL0 last year, I found the resume critiquing very useful, the facilitator gave me good advice and made herself available if we had anymore questions. I'm pretty sure that if you're a non social science student, you do have to pay a fee to use any of the Experiential Education services (they run 2EL0). You can visit them in KTH 102 if you have any questions.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)