MacInsiders Logo

social psych question

Old 04-13-2011 at 11:56 PM   #1
panda22

Liked: 0 Times

social psych question
hi, i wanted to go into the honours social psych program, but my grades were not high enough this year
how hard would it be to transfer into the program in third year, if thats possible at all?
Old 06-07-2011 at 11:49 AM   #2
karla carr

hey! I actually did that this year! In first year I was in life sciences and then wanted to change programs for second year. I wanted to be in honours social psych but I didn't have the prerequisites for it. So I got into Psych B.A which is quite similar to honours social psych but instead it's a 2 year program. I talked to guidance and they helped me choose my courses having in mind that I wanted to transfer into Honours Social Psych for third year. So I took courses from the Honours Social Psych course list (most of the courses were second year and 3 were first year ones that I missed due to being in life science such as Sociology 1A06). My average in first year wasn't that great, but it met the requirement to get into Honours Social Psych (requires a first year average of 5 = C). Second year I did a lot better and they accepted me into Honours Social Psych. You should talk to guidance about switching programs, because it's definitely possible! I think if your grades are high enough this year (B's and A's) then they'll accept you into Honours Social Psych.
Old 06-07-2011 at 12:22 PM   #3
nightia

It's definitely possible to get into Social Psych later. I used to be studying natural sciences but transitioned pretty easily into Social Psych. Also, when I spoke to an academic counselor earlier this year she said that they don't expect to get the maximum number of students into the program even though it's limited to like sixty something! So since it's not so competitive you shouldn't worry.
Old 06-07-2011 at 01:15 PM   #4
sonamp

definitely possible! i did it as well