Social Work 4Y03 jamescw1234 4th Year Course Reviews 0 12-23-2010 10:06 AM
Social Work 1A06 bpreo Academics 1 09-10-2010 11:10 AM

Social Work!

Old 06-02-2011 at 06:50 PM   #1
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Social Work!
I just got accepted into social work. anybody else from macinsiders going in to social work for Sept 2012?
Old 06-02-2011 at 08:05 PM   #2
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Any questions about the program let me know!

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)
Old 06-02-2011 at 09:13 PM   #3
kirsten..!

Liked: 26 Times

congrats !
just wondering, how did you find out, on the grade report under "eligible for"? if you didnt get in would it say "ineligible for" social work?
Old 06-02-2011 at 09:50 PM   #4
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirs View Post
congrats !
just wondering, how did you find out, on the grade report under "eligible for"? if you didnt get in would it say "ineligible for" social work?
When I found out, it said "eligible for sociol and s/w." However, a lot of people did not and had acceptance letters mailed out to them. I also got a letter, but if you do receive one make sure to phone Lorna in the social work office ASAP to accept your offer, if you don't by a certain date you'll lose your offer and it will go to someone on the waiting list.

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)

kirsten..! says thanks to jamescw1234 for this post.
Old 06-04-2011 at 12:03 PM   #5
gallagaj

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescw1234 View Post
When I found out, it said "eligible for sociol and s/w." However, a lot of people did not and had acceptance letters mailed out to them. I also got a letter, but if you do receive one make sure to phone Lorna in the social work office ASAP to accept your offer, if you don't by a certain date you'll lose your offer and it will go to someone on the waiting list.

I was wondering if anyone might know the answer to this:
I JUST received my acceptance letter yesterday. However the date to accept it is YESTERDAY. So i phoned right away and left a voicemail accepting it, as well as I sent her an e mail accepting it. However I am worried it is too late. I don't understand how i only got the letter the day it was due :(. I really hope it was not too late I am so worried. Did anyone else have this problem as well? Do you think it was too late? I really hope not.
Old 06-08-2011 at 03:53 PM   #6
meandyou

Liked: 1 Time

I got it too! I was so happy when i found out! ...just deciding on the courses now.

jamescw1234 likes this.
Old 06-08-2011 at 07:38 PM   #7
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagaj View Post
I was wondering if anyone might know the answer to this:
I JUST received my acceptance letter yesterday. However the date to accept it is YESTERDAY. So i phoned right away and left a voicemail accepting it, as well as I sent her an e mail accepting it. However I am worried it is too late. I don't understand how i only got the letter the day it was due :(. I really hope it was not too late I am so worried. Did anyone else have this problem as well? Do you think it was too late? I really hope not.
Lorna is pretty understanding, I've also heard of Lorna physically phoning people who haven't accepted their offer yet, so you should be good.

James CW
Old 06-09-2011 at 01:11 PM   #8
pamlpc

Liked: 0 Times

hey so i just got the call saying i got accepted into the program, but since i was wayy too happy and i forgot to ask lorna about registration. She scheduled me in to see an advisor or whatever on monday the 13th but that's the day we are supposed to register for courses and i know how they fill up quickly. does this mean i shouldn't worry about that picking my courses on that day?
Old 06-09-2011 at 03:36 PM   #9
Ansa

Liked: 1 Time

Congrats to you all for getting in!
Pamella, I would suggest you pick your courses using this for now: http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...nt/pg1741.html
(Go down to Requirements) and also, they should have sent in a package to you regarding the list of courses you need, and every other question you might have. [not sure how long it takes to get to you, but I got mine prior to course registration].

If you need help with anything else, just ask
Once you meet an advisor, you can confirm if everything is good.
Old 06-09-2011 at 04:07 PM   #10
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamlpc View Post
hey so i just got the call saying i got accepted into the program, but since i was wayy too happy and i forgot to ask lorna about registration. She scheduled me in to see an advisor or whatever on monday the 13th but that's the day we are supposed to register for courses and i know how they fill up quickly. does this mean i shouldn't worry about that picking my courses on that day?
Don't worry about the social work courses filling up, the required courses you're guaranteed access to, the only thing that may matter is if you want day 2A06 or evening 2A06. So if you're unsure just pick your BA courses and electives (if you're BA/BSW). Diane (the school's academic advisor) will tell you every course you need to take.

James CW