MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Not Fully Registered On Solar RememberTwce First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 07-29-2010 07:57 PM
Solar Re-opens August 13th at 8:30 am mcinside MacInsiders Announcements 11 08-11-2009 12:32 AM

SOLAR re-opens for those who registered early

SOLAR re-opens for those who confirmed before August 8th

Today, August 11th, is the date when SOLAR re-opens for those who are fully registered and fees cleared. You had to have accepted your Payment Agreement before a certain date in order to get 'early bird' access back into SOLAR today. Clearly it appears some students are frustrated.

2008-09 Dates and Deadlines (see here):
Quote:
Monday, August 11
  • SOLAR re-opens for those students previously registered and fees cleared
Wednesday, August 13
  • SOLAR re-opens for those students previously registered
Thursday, August 14
  • SOLAR re-opens for all students
The specific date that you need to be 'previously registered' by is not easy to find, though people have mentioned Aug 8th. Last year it was July 30th. If you were able to find the date on the McMaster website please let us know the link.

Quote:
From last year's dates and deadlines: SOLAR re-opens to make course changes, only for those students who had begun their SOLAR registration and completed their Payment Agreement before July 30th or for students who received an Offer of Admission dated after July 14th to allow them to start their registration or make course changes
Some of you may have accepted your Payment Agreement in July, but if you've gone into it recently and re-confirmed it (clicked CONFIRM again) then the date gets reset to the time when you re-confirmed... and if that date is past the deadline then you are no longer able to get into SOLAR today and have to wait until the 13th when it opens up for everyone else. Unfortunately while people accepted the agreement early, students had to re-confirm it at a later date because of scholarships or OSAP and then confirm again with the new tuition amount.

For those who confirmed past the deadline you will get this message:
Quote:
Based on your current Registration and Payment Agreement status, you are not eligible to use SOLAR at this time. SOLAR will be available to you as of AUG 13 2008
If you did get into SOLAR today, please reply to the huge thread here and let us know when you accepted your Payment Agreement last.

For general assistance in using SOLAR
Contact the Office of the Registrar at 905-525-4600 during normal working hours or email [email protected]. The SOLAR system keeps an audit trail record of your online session activity which can be used to help answer inquiries

Updates
Users have confirmed that they have been able to get into SOLAR and make changes. Some re-confirmed their Payment Agreement as late as August 9th (see here) and were able to get in today.

A lot of students are trying to get into MUGSI right now, so be patient as it will let more students in once user's 45-minute sessions expire.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-11-2008 at 10:45 PM   #2
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times
I keep getting disconnected while i'm making SOLAR changes...the page just doesn't load when i'm trying to modify my courses and the it kicks me off.

EDIT: can someone link me to the thread where everyon is discussing the latest SOLAR problems??

Last edited by Krusenik : 08-11-2008 at 10:51 PM.

Old 08-13-2009 at 08:45 AM   #3
amy_lau

Liked: 0 Times
Just a quick question, are the dates posted here correct, or are the dates listed on the parent calendar correct?

The parent calendar says that SOLAR opens

Aug 13 - all students pre-registered and fees cleared

Aug 17 - all students pre-registered

Aug 18 - all students

Old 08-13-2009 at 08:46 AM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times
Chad's post was made in August 2008.

Old 08-13-2009 at 09:01 AM   #5
amy_lau

Liked: 0 Times