MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-11-2010 at 10:07 PM   #1
MaryS

Liked: 17 Times

Someone Help!!
I got a conditional offer from McMaster for Life Sci... Since I wasn't in a day school last year I had to apply through OUAC105 meaning I had to send in all my transcripts msyelf rather than having them uploaded onto OUAC. I've met all requirements for maintaining my conditional offer...my average is well beyond the average I needed to maintain and I've achieved my O.S.S.D.

The ONLY problem is that my secondary school is closed and won't open until August 16th!! They're the ONLY ones who can issue my final transcript. NO ONE else can do it. I've called around a million times. They extended my deadline from Aug 1 to Sunday August 15th. I need them to extend it ONE more day!! but they WILL NOT do it. I've begged and begged and begged.

Itd be a shame to have my offer revoked becuase of this... considering I've met EVERYTHING.

Does anyone know anything I can do ??
Old 08-11-2010 at 10:16 PM   #2
kristopherk

Liked: 16 Times

Have you tried to contact the school board that your secondary school is part of? They might be able to help you get your hands on your transcript.

If not, I'd be calling a guidance counsellor at home and asking them if they'd do you a favour and pop into the school for 5 minutes to print your transcript.
Old 08-11-2010 at 10:19 PM   #3
MaryS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristopherk View Post
Have you tried to contact the school board that your secondary school is part of? They might be able to help you get your hands on your transcript.

If not, I'd be calling a guidance counsellor at home and asking them if they'd do you a favour and pop into the school for 5 minutes to print your transcript.

Yea I've contacted the board several times. No one can do anything. The only people who have my records are my secondary school. And I've tried contacting guidance counsellors and no luck.... :(

I've pretty much tried everything.
Old 08-11-2010 at 10:44 PM   #4
MaryS

anyone else have any suggestions :(?
Old 08-12-2010 at 12:31 AM   #5
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

What school board are you in?
Old 08-12-2010 at 12:33 AM   #6
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Yeah i find that really hard to believe
Old 08-12-2010 at 12:43 AM   #7
MaryS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
Yeah i find that really hard to believe
So do I. I'm in Durham District School Board. I've called the board numerous times as well as continuing education. No one seems to be able to do anything. I don't know what to do... This isn't in my control at all...
Old 08-12-2010 at 09:17 AM   #8
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Trying the other end? Talk the the registrar, as in go there or get on the phone - emails won't work in this situation, I think.

And I find it hard to believe too that the school board can't get your transcript. You must not be talking to the right people.
Old 08-12-2010 at 09:40 AM   #9
MaryS

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Trying the other end? Talk the the registrar, as in go there or get on the phone - emails won't work in this situation, I think.

And I find it hard to believe too that the school board can't get your transcript. You must not be talking to the right people.
They can indeed give me a transcript however they cannot update my transcript. Only my secondary school can update my transcript and they dont open until August 16th. I need my transcript to be updated with the courses I completed and than issued. Im in a bit of a rut.
Old 08-12-2010 at 10:18 AM   #10
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

call the registar and explain your stituation. Maybe ask if you can provide a report card at least right now o prove what ever is missing

MIpolice likes this.