MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What ever happened to MACCESS? scothoward General Discussion 5 09-25-2010 07:32 PM
What happened at mills today? killza General Discussion 8 02-06-2010 08:45 PM
Has this happened to anyone? haha Katia General Discussion 33 01-27-2010 05:52 PM
So, WHAT exactly happened at York? huzaifa47 General Discussion 13 07-04-2009 12:42 AM
What Happened At Welcome Day? Kevin General Discussion 3 08-14-2007 05:39 PM

Something Sad & Funny Happened To Me Today

Old 11-24-2009 at 01:09 PM   #1
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Something Sad & Funny Happened To Me Today
Today I was at Mills Library and had to print out a paper for class. I naturally logged in on the computers and printed my paper off. However, I left my print card on the table with the staplers. I needed to get a pen to remove and errant staple. Sure enough, some guy and his girlfriend came by and were talking about how expensive printing is. They saw my card and were talking about stealing it. I was not even a foot away from them. I eventually got up and took my card and the guy tried to swindle me by telling me he found two cards, the other one being the card he pulled out of his own pocket. Luckily, I have bent my card (and it still works) so I correctly identified it. It's a good thing I am reckless with the card, as there would have been essentially no other way to identify which card had my $20.00 worth of printing.

Lesson to be learnt: people lie and steal print cards, so keep yours identifiable.

Last edited by Goce : 11-24-2009 at 01:17 PM.

danallan likes this.
Old 11-24-2009 at 01:14 PM   #2
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

I left my wallet by the print machine one day while in a rush.. I had about $40 and really really needed that money. Thankfully they didn't take my wallet but all the cash was gone.. lesson from this thread: don't leave anything by the print machines.
Old 11-24-2009 at 03:20 PM   #3
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Well, I'd like to include a positive event?

Last year, someone randomly came up to me in the printer room in HSL and asked me if she could borrow my card because she ran out of money and it was really important (a bio lab). Naively, I gave her my card to use (I was new to university, and thought everyone must be smart and honest and nice). Since she still had stuff to edit, I decided to leave my card with her and told her to just give it to me when she was done.

Probably 10 minutes passed, and I was stressing. I didn't have much in my card, <$5 - but hey, money is money. I was berating myself for trusting a stranger, and voila! She came back to give me my card!

Lesson learned: some people can be trusted.

Although, maybe she didn't steal my card for the lack of money (but hey, the cards are expensive to buy!)
Old 11-24-2009 at 03:29 PM   #4
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

ITT: People realize they're living in the real world.
Never help anyone, never let go of your belongings, etc
Old 11-24-2009 at 04:06 PM   #5
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

If you forget the your card and need to print, you can ask the librarians and sometimes they are sympathetic and will help you out.

I've lent my card and got more money in it when I got it back.
Old 11-24-2009 at 04:44 PM   #6
aya017

Liked: 22 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
ITT: People realize they're living in the real world.
Never help anyone, never let go of your belongings, etc
Sigh, I must still wear rose-coloured glasses (but not all the time). I like having them on though.
Old 11-24-2009 at 06:58 PM   #7
AnguishedEnd
Elite Member

Liked: 103 Times

Funny thing. Last week I used my print card to get on the HSR to go downtown haha. Didn't do it on purpose though just noticed I showed the wrong card a few seconds after. The bus driver actually looked at it too...

Last edited by Colin : 11-24-2009 at 07:01 PM.

aya017, Joey, pinkshuniza like this.
Old 11-24-2009 at 06:58 PM   #8
rrtt
Elite Member

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
If you forget the your card and need to print, you can ask the librarians and sometimes they are sympathetic and will help you out..
By help out, do you mean that the librarians will let you print for free? That would be really really nice (but I am assuming very unlikely)!!
Old 11-24-2009 at 09:14 PM   #9
jmbauman
Union Market Manager

Liked: 32 Times

(don't forget that you can print things off / photocopy at Underground so cheap! cheaper than in the library! and you don't have to spend money on the card)
Old 11-25-2009 at 02:42 AM   #10
Goce
Elite Member

Liked: 36 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbauman View Post
(don't forget that you can print things off / photocopy at Underground so cheap! cheaper than in the library! and you don't have to spend money on the card)
You've intrigued me. Please tell me more (how much?).
Old 11-25-2009 at 03:54 AM   #11
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goce View Post
You've intrigued me. Please tell me more (how much?).
Its 7 cents at Underground vs 10 cents at the Library.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 11-25-2009 at 07:46 AM   #12
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

I'm pretty sure they actually raised the price at the underground this year to 8 cents.

However, the real reason to use Underground isn't that its slightly cheaper, its that they let you pay in cash as opposed to making you use a stupid card. I'm kindof surprised the MSU never tries to focus on that point when advertising, its the only reason I print there.
Old 11-25-2009 at 08:26 AM   #13
jmbauman
Union Market Manager

Liked: 32 Times

Check out here for a list of some of the services Underground provides and the prices. Photocopying is $0.07/sheet and printing is $0.08/sheet

you can also print/photocopy in colour. and scan things. and fax things. and get things laminated. and those pesky overheads that are sometimes soooo useful to use but a pain to make. Underground does that too.

the cash thing is what gets me too - or debit/credit. so convienient! (I also find there is far less of a wait to print anything at Underground than waiting for a computer at Mills)
Old 11-25-2009 at 12:39 PM   #14
huzaifa47
MSU VP Education 2012-2013

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Marlowe View Post
However, the real reason to use Underground isn't that its slightly cheaper, its that they let you pay in cash as opposed to making you use a stupid card. I'm kindof surprised the MSU never tries to focus on that point when advertising, its the only reason I print there.
I know eh! I still know a few people who didn't know where underground was or whether it was cheaper. They were printing like 50 pages at once from the library printer until I told them!

Plus Underground does alot of design work that isn't properly advertised; They can make alot of money with that too. Something that will hopefully be worked on in the near future.

MSU Vice President Education '12/13

Old 11-25-2009 at 04:25 PM   #15
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Next time just knock the douche out.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.