MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
drop in times? ninjamachete General Discussion 2 09-20-2010 09:33 PM
Swim Times Charbs Athletics & Recreation 1 04-03-2010 06:54 PM
How do we check what times a course will be at? Jess.Wilson Academics 2 09-09-2008 06:21 PM

Soooo....How many hundreds of times did you have to log into Mugsi before you got in?

Old 06-28-2011 at 11:47 AM   #31
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
Not to mention I was getting ready for grad/prom around the registration opening date, so I just ended up putting it aside until 2 days later.
My registration date was the day before my grad ceremony, which began at 9 a.m. with a grad mass for all Brebeuf grads. I was up until 2 in the morning, so, needless to say, I was dying at the mass. I actually almost missed my turn to bring something to the altar because I was on the verge of falling asleep

anon491 likes this.
Old 06-28-2011 at 12:30 PM   #32
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2 View Post
I'm done with MUGSI/SOLAR once I'm finished one summer course, I'm so happy. : P I helped a friend starting Mac this year and we were in by 12:20am. We got all the courses he wanted except one. One of my easiest SOLAR experiences ever
Too bad it wasn't yours, huh?
Old 06-28-2011 at 02:13 PM   #33
jenpower

Liked: 7 Times

Took me till 1 to get into MUGSI, then I got into SOLAR like 7 times and it told me there was an "exception" and I had to log out of MUGSI and restart. Lame.
I finally got in at 2 with a few minutes left of my 45 limit and tried to quickly choose my courses (as quick as SOLAR would let me, so, actually not very quick at all).
Got into everything I require for Life Science and for 2nd year Biochem, but Music was full :(
Hopefully I can get in on the drop/add day.
Old 06-28-2011 at 02:56 PM   #34
mountaingoat

Liked: 0 Times

This process is absolutely insane. I tried logging on at 12:01 am, and the maximum number of students were already on. I then tried logging on every 10-20 min until about 2:00 am with no luck. Went to bed, logged on at 11:00 am today at work, and every single course I need to take is full. I'm now registered in zero courses. This has been a great summer experience.
Old 06-28-2011 at 03:16 PM   #35
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
This process is absolutely insane. I tried logging on at 12:01 am, and the maximum number of students were already on. I then tried logging on every 10-20 min until about 2:00 am with no luck. Went to bed, logged on at 11:00 am today at work, and every single course I need to take is full. I'm now registered in zero courses. This has been a great summer experience.
And you're going into first year Life Sci?
Because if you are, 7-8 of those courses are required (meaning you can get in even if they're full)
Old 06-28-2011 at 03:20 PM   #36
Joyceyblank

Liked: 3 Times

tried at
11:55pm- full
1:45am- full
2:10am- got in and kicked out by some stupid error
2:50am- full
3:15am-finally

VERY cranky the next day due to lack of sleep--
Old 06-28-2011 at 03:23 PM   #37
mountaingoat

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorMtve View Post
And you're going into first year Life Sci?
Because if you are, 7-8 of those courses are required (meaning you can get in even if they're full)
Right. I guess I'm a little more bitter than I should be. I get that I'll eventually get into these courses, but apparently I'm supposed to keep trying until something opens up ("nothing else you can do", says the registrar's office). It just seems like sitting there at midnight continuously trying to log in probably isn't the most efficient way of having students register for courses.

Oh well. I'll be more prepared when registration for second year comes around.
Old 06-28-2011 at 03:31 PM   #38
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Right. I guess I'm a little more bitter than I should be. I get that I'll eventually get into these courses, but apparently I'm supposed to keep trying until something opens up ("nothing else you can do", says the registrar's office). It just seems like sitting there at midnight continuously trying to log in probably isn't the most efficient way of having students register for courses.

Oh well. I'll be more prepared when registration for second year comes around.
Ya it's a pretty sh*tty system. They're working on making it better.

Also: Whole thread about how horrible MUGSI is
Old 06-28-2011 at 03:56 PM   #39
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dorey View Post
My registration date was the day before my grad ceremony, which began at 9 a.m. with a grad mass for all Brebeuf grads. I was up until 2 in the morning, so, needless to say, I was dying at the mass. I actually almost missed my turn to bring something to the altar because I was on the verge of falling asleep
lol! that's awful.

I mean, I have to appreciate mac's thoughtfulness (or maybe it was just convenient for them?) for pushing back first year registrations so that they wouldn't be happening during highschool exams... but everything tended to clash with the graduation dates.

I couldn't even go to the course registration workshop to ask questions because that was the same time as grad rehearsal x|
Old 06-28-2011 at 03:58 PM   #40
macsci
Elite Member

Liked: 93 Times

Quote:
That sucks man, but I hope things work out for you.

If they are required courses, I believe the associate dean will have to accommodate you. You should go talk to them in person (office is in BSB).
Old 06-28-2011 at 04:41 PM   #41
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

Tried at midnight for 15 minutes and then went to sleep. Woke up, did it around noonish and got everything with ease.
Old 06-28-2011 at 04:52 PM   #42
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

Thanks to that auto Mugsi login thing that was posted a few weeks ago, I never have to waste time attempting logins again =).

Solar, on the other hand...
Old 06-28-2011 at 06:00 PM   #43
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDragon View Post
Thanks to that auto Mugsi login thing that was posted a few weeks ago, I never have to waste time attempting logins again =).

Solar, on the other hand...
Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get on using that script?
Old 06-28-2011 at 06:12 PM   #44
MiniDragon

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get on using that script?
Not long actually. ~5 min.

~*Sara*~ likes this.
Old 06-28-2011 at 06:43 PM   #45
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

Lol first year MUGSI no0bs.

Glad to be done with that thing.