MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
SRA General Elections + Women's Centre Referendum Voting Information lorend MSU & On-Campus Services 6 03-12-2009 05:02 PM
SRA General Elections Results Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-23-2007 12:57 AM

SRA General Elections

Old 03-09-2009 at 01:50 PM   #15
owenadam

Liked: 0 Times
No jerkiness detected!

Old 03-09-2009 at 02:24 PM   #16
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
PS since I have you here Adam, whats the email I send things in for op/eds...

Old 03-10-2009 at 09:17 PM   #17
opensky

Liked: 2 Times
I find it discouraging that scanning relevant articles and searching MacInsiders didn't yield any information on where and what time voting is taking place. The voting for my faculty are in a different place than the last referendum, so it does make a bit of a difference. Having such information publicy available and easily accessible would probably help with the poor voter turnout that I've been told is a big issue.

In addition, I tried finding out the same information on MSU website, but the website structure was so difficult to navigate that I couldn't figure out where the Elections Committee page was, and it wasn't even on the SRA's section of the site. I gave up and eventually found the information I was looking for on Facebook.

If this info is on this site, I apologize for missing it, but perhaps it should be more prominent since voting takes place tomorrow & Thursday.

Old 03-10-2009 at 10:55 PM   #18
jmbauman
Union Market Manager
SRA Member

Liked: 32 Times
Boo! I'm sorry you had such a terrible time finding the information.
VOTING IS IMPORTANT!

So for anyone else scanning this thread looking for your polling stations:

Arts & Science: Commons
Commerce: DSB Lobby
Engineering: JHE Lobby
Health Science: Ewart Angus (Health Science Centre)
Humanities: Mills Library
Kin: DBAC
Nursing: Ewart Angus (HSC)
Science: BSB Lobby
Social Science: MUSC

Polling stations are open Wednesday from 9:30am-7pm and Thursday from 9:30-5pm (so you have lots of time to VOTE)

If your faculty had the SRA seats acclaimed, STILL VOTE IN THE REFERENDUM!

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

Old 03-10-2009 at 11:05 PM   #19
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times
I have a question:

One girl I know is running for Materials MES representative - I know they're not allowed to say WHO to vote for but they're allowed to say to vote within 24 hours of the election

Does that apply for this, too? Or not?
(JW cause I heard someone today in my chem 1aa3 class)

Old 03-10-2009 at 11:14 PM   #20
jmbauman
Union Market Manager
SRA Member

Liked: 32 Times
No, there are lots of rules for MSU elections, but once the campaign period opens (which was 9am on March 5) it's essentially fair game.

Candidates need to get permission from the lecturer to speak (i.e. no random yelling in the middle of lecture), and they're not allowed to campaign within sight or sound of the polling station (so for Eng, JHE lobby). If you can't see / hear them by the polling station, then it's all good.

I'm guessing MES has different rules though. If you want to know more about the MSU rules, stop by the office in MUSC 201 and the reception clerk should have a copy, or you can email the CRO at [email protected] .ca

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search