STOLEN Bike JBeans General Discussion 7 01-18-2010 09:16 PM
Don't ride your bike in NYC DannyV General Discussion 3 08-05-2008 11:41 AM

Stolen Bike

Old 10-04-2008 at 03:55 PM   #1
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

Stolen Bike
So I was studying in my room right up until 10 minutes before my econ test, and when I get outside, I see that my bike has been stolen. So now I have about 5 minutes to run from Hedden to MDCL so im not late for my test....

But that's really not thew main issue. Im pissed off because it was a good bike that I paid a good 200 bucks for. (Mind you that was like 5 years ago)

Either way, I had a decent lock and my bike looks like a piece of shit so I dont really know why anybody would go through the effort of stealing it. (especially since the bike rack is right out in the open).

I guess there's not much I can do but to buy a shitty bike, and keep an eye out for the dick who's riding around on my bike.

Does macycle sell cheap bikes? If not, anyone know somewhere in hamilton where I can get a cheap used bike?
Old 10-04-2008 at 04:34 PM   #2
snaps

Liked: 32 Times

first go to the security office and ask them about the bike.. they might even have camera footage of that place.. so if you know the time they might be able to track down who stole the bike... ive seen the cameras they have, they are all over campus...

for a cheap bike, g oto the bike shop beside MDCL, you will get a bike for 50 bucks...
Old 10-04-2008 at 04:43 PM   #3
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

Unfortunately I havn't used my bike since thursday and I only noticed it missing today so it'd be hard to provide a specific time
Old 10-04-2008 at 04:46 PM   #4
snaps

still go talk to them..

over one of the weekends i went home, i locked my bike on a pole.. when i got back, itwasnt there...

what happened was that some students lifted the bike and covered the speed sign with my bike.. security came by and cut it down., i went to the security office and they told me all this and gave me my bike back... and my cut off lock.. :)
Old 10-04-2008 at 06:17 PM   #5
FlyGuy

Liked: 0 Times

Yeah, I saw the bike up there one morning. Ive got a picture I could e-mail if you like
Old 10-04-2008 at 06:32 PM   #6
snaps

really??? the security actually took a picture of it too but they said they cant release the picture to me...

could you send it to foreigner at hotmail dot com

thanx
Old 10-04-2008 at 07:05 PM   #7
opensky

Liked: 2 Times

Haha, was that the bike by the hospital by the hospital at the edge of campus? I saw that and I was wondering how it got up there... I thought it was kinda funny.
Old 10-04-2008 at 07:58 PM   #8
FlyGuy

Liked: 0 Times

Ill do that as soon as I find that little plastic adapter thing I need to load it on to my computer
Old 10-05-2008 at 12:25 PM   #9
snaps

lolol.. yeah that was the bike... i kinda wondered how it got there too...

im not sure if they were trying to steal it and failed.. or they just put it up there for the hell of it.. either way it was pretty funny when the security showed me a picture of the bike on top of the pole and asked me if that was my bike...