MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renewal Visionary "Storm Cunningham" to Speak at McMaster Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-22-2009 03:34 PM

Storm

Old 08-20-2009 at 06:22 PM   #1
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Storm
How is the storm in your area? It was supposed to rain Monday so moved my biking plans to today.. now it's canceled. Had a lot of lightening in mississauga but things have seemed to have quieted down.
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:23 PM   #2
u.yousaf

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
How is the storm in your area? It was supposed to rain Monday so moved my biking plans to today.. now it's canceled. Had a lot of lightening in mississauga but things have seemed to have quieted down.
It's in full force here (Markham). Ridiculous amount of rain and lightning/thunder.

Old 08-20-2009 at 06:24 PM   #3
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

It's horrible right now. lol All dark, scary...and loud. The thunder, lightning and wind are making a lot of noise. -Scarborough
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:24 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthusized View Post
Lighting strike near my house, blinded me... not looking outside anymore because of that. I just hear thunder and flashes of light through the shutters every 5 seconds.

Power went out 3 times, thank goodness I'm using a laptop so I don't have to reboot every single time XD
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:24 PM   #5
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Things were mad crazy in Hamilton not too long ago, it's hitting everybody in southern Ontario. Looked up one of those weather map things, with the storm cells moving though, huge red patch moving across. :]
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:24 PM   #6
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

It's pretty bad in Thornhill.
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:25 PM   #7
meerf

Liked: 7 Times

lightning near my house blinded me. now the sun is comming out
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:25 PM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

I'm in south eastern Scarborough by the way.
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:30 PM   #9
juntom10
I'm cool. You know that.

Liked: 7 Times

This is crazy.
I took some videos few minutes ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgJCD...e=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TscvL...e=channel_page
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:33 PM   #10
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
I'm in south eastern Scarborough by the way.
As am I. The ran appears to have stopped / slowed... but it's still pretty dark.
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:34 PM   #11
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

I'm in Flamborough (just north of Hamilton/Burlington) and it rained a LOT, but didn't really thunder/lightning that much
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:40 PM   #12
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

I was driving and thunder/lightning struck what like right next to me. The guy next to got so scared he tried to grab the steering wheel. btw this was in markham.
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:43 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
As am I. The ran appears to have stopped / slowed... but it's still pretty dark.
Why did you have to say that? It looks like it's starting to pick up again >.<

Edit: The sky is now yellow...

Last edited by jhan523 : 08-20-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:45 PM   #14
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Seems like there's a tornado watch/warning for both Toronto and Hamilton. I didn't check other places, but it's likely for surrounding areas obviously.

I don't buy that something like that would happen, but what if it did? Haha, I mean, it's not a laughing matter or anything, but I've lived here my entire life ('bout twenty years) and have never seen a tornado.
Old 08-20-2009 at 06:48 PM   #15
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Seems like there's a tornado watch/warning for both Toronto and Hamilton. I didn't check other places, but it's likely for surrounding areas obviously.

I don't buy that something like that would happen, but what if it did? Haha, I mean, it's not a laughing matter or anything, but I've lived here my entire life ('bout twenty years) and have never seen a tornado.
Apparently there are "sightings" of tornadoes in Vaughn, but I don't think they are actual tornadoes.

Well, good news about this storm: I don't have to clean the outside of the windows. We have like 50 windows in this house... it's ridiculous. There's probably as much window area as wall area >.>