MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renewal Visionary "Storm Cunningham" to Speak at McMaster Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-22-2009 03:34 PM

Storm

Old 08-20-2009 at 11:28 PM   #46
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
The storm here in Brantford lasted about 45 minutes. I was driving with a friend during it and could barely see a thing, and the power went out so all the lights were out too haha.

after though, the sky was gorgeous.

Are you talking about the yellow sky? I really preferred the purple/pink sky that came after the yellow sky ^-^

But yes, I love the time right after rain. The smell and the sky! So nice ^-^ (Except when the smell is that of earthworms...)
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:36 PM   #47
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

The sky and the trees had such a beautiful contrast with each other. And the rainbow, Oh my, it was beyond beautiful!
Old 08-21-2009 at 02:51 PM   #48
Greco

Liked: 18 Times

I live 5 minutes down the road from the hardest hit area at Martingrove & Highway 7 in Woodbridge.

Over 700 houses were severely damaged, and 200 of them have to be completely destroyed because of the damage. In the Weston Produce plaza down the street cars were flipped over, Vaughan Mills was flooded, peoples sinks are housing parts were hanging from trees, 100 year old trees were ripped out of the ground and thrown 25 feet or more.

I was sitting in the Tim Hortons at Highway 7 & Martingrove and saw the funnel cloud approaching, with debris flying from the sides of it. You could clearly see it was ripping peoples roofs apart.

It's bad!
Old 08-21-2009 at 03:17 PM   #49
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

That's so horrible :(. I hope no one got severely hurt.
Old 08-21-2009 at 03:25 PM   #50
person33

Liked: 53 Times

according to the news four tornados touched down yesterday. 1 person was killed (in Durham which is near owen sound), and they have called a state of emergency in vaughan
Old 08-21-2009 at 03:26 PM   #51
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by person33 View Post
according to the news four tornados touched down yesterday. 1 person was killed (in Durham which is near owen sound), and they have called a state of emergency in vaughan
Yup. Apparently the guy killed was an 11 year old kid camping inside a steal shed that got basically flattened.
Old 08-21-2009 at 07:10 PM   #52
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Yup. Apparently the guy killed was an 11 year old kid camping inside a steal shed that got basically flattened.
That's so saddening :(
Old 08-21-2009 at 08:53 PM   #53
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

Damn... yesterday's storm was freaking intense. I still can't believe we had tornadoes in "peaceful" GTA. Amazing... really hope no one got hurt and the people who lost their homes can soon return to them. I don't think anyone expected such intense weather and it kinda caught everyone off guard. I was watching CP 24 the whole way! It almost seemed like "The Day After Tomorrow" XD Amazing. And the colors in the sky afterwards! Awesome! God's laser show LOL
- Moulton Hall
Old 08-21-2009 at 09:28 PM   #54
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

I had just watched ponyo the day before the storm and it kind of reminded me of it. the sky was yellow which was very nice