MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Balance in Student Account ? Sal123 Financial Aid 1 04-21-2012 05:32 PM
McMaster "Credit" (Student Account Balance) MajorPager Financial Aid 1 03-11-2012 02:41 PM
Balance in my Student Account kanvi_v30 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-23-2011 08:13 PM
(-) account balance? Cassandraa87 Financial Aid 2 01-27-2011 10:17 AM
Negative Account Balance :S Crzyrio Financial Aid 3 11-05-2010 05:02 PM

Student Account Balance Issue

Old 08-27-2012 at 11:05 AM   #1
Taryn328

Liked: 0 Times

Student Account Balance Issue
I am wondering if anyone could help me figure out this problem I have having with my tuition balance.

Last Tuesday (August 21) I put $1000 towards my tuition. The next day I checked to see if the payment went through and it showed -1000 next to the Student Account box. I figured it was still pending so I paid another 1000.00 on Thursday (August 23). On Friday the payment I made on the 23rd went through BUT my first 1000.00 is still "stuck" in my student account and did not deduct anything from my tuition balance.

I called the Student Accounts department this morning but they weren't all that helpful. Does anyone have any idea what problem is?
Old 08-27-2012 at 12:23 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn328 View Post
I am wondering if anyone could help me figure out this problem I have having with my tuition balance.

Last Tuesday (August 21) I put $1000 towards my tuition. The next day I checked to see if the payment went through and it showed -1000 next to the Student Account box. I figured it was still pending so I paid another 1000.00 on Thursday (August 23). On Friday the payment I made on the 23rd went through BUT my first 1000.00 is still "stuck" in my student account and did not deduct anything from my tuition balance.

I called the Student Accounts department this morning but they weren't all that helpful. Does anyone have any idea what problem is?
Your account statement is in the same format as a credit card statement. Negative numbers would indicate a credit, positive numbers would indicate a balance owing.

If you paid by interac, did you make sure to input the numbers in the proper box? From what I remember, there should be one for your payment agreement and one for your student account. In the end (I think Sept 1st), both of them will merge together.
Old 08-27-2012 at 04:58 PM   #3
Taryn328

Liked: 0 Times

It appears that I did make the mistake of accidentally putting the numbers in the Student Account box. Glad to hear they'll merge together soon.

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-27-2012 at 05:12 PM   #4
Hopefull

Liked: 4 Times

Oh I had a similar question, I had a -$100 on my student account , also I paid the whole years fee , by making payment from the TD website( because it wouldn't let me use that large an amount). So I subtracted a 100 dollars from my total fees and that what I paid. (I hope this isn't too confusing) The university will automatically make use of that money right?(the 100 dollars). Thanks
Old 08-27-2012 at 05:15 PM   #5
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

If your balance was -100 that means you paid 100 too much so next time you pay it gets deducted by 100. I pay online via bank too so just take the final balance, set up your bank account to mcmaster (Id is usually your student number)

Hopefull says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 08-27-2012 at 05:18 PM   #6
Hopefull

Liked: 4 Times

Just to make sure ( suppose I have to pay 5000 , so I just pay 4900 right? since , there's already a 100 dollars in my account?)
Old 08-27-2012 at 05:39 PM   #7
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

Assuming what you are stating and what I am thinking is then yes

Hopefull says thanks to Leeoku for this post.