MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable looking Stupid!? Help! amitoj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-10-2010 06:59 PM
quick, probably stupid question =D DMe3 Academics 1 06-13-2010 02:20 AM
This sounds like a *really* stupid question, but it's been nagging at me... JEFF_CHAN Academics 2 09-08-2008 11:40 PM

Stupid is what stupid does

Old 02-04-2010 at 02:22 PM   #1
Command "S"

Liked: 3 Times

Stupid is what stupid does
My roomie is quite intolerable, totally inconsiderate and to put it bluntly is "freakin" *****. She has created quite a drama when her boyfriend from "the other school" came to surprise her only to find her in the company of another boy toy. The ensuing fist fight earned her a reprimand (slap on the wrist) and banned her from having overnight visitors. Do you think that has stopped her? What are the options, - talking (or yelling) doesn't do anything, floor reps have proven to be ineffective (useless actually) and the residence reps have put me off till next week.
This has been just the tip of the iceberg ...
She is still having her boy toy crash over.
She has her "gal pals chat sessions" till the wee hours of the morning making it totally impossible to study.
she stumbles in late after her bar hoping - totally drunk only to turn the lights on at 3-4 in the morning
she's a total slob and hasn't help clean the room at all
uses my stuff constantly without asking
her fridge is stuffed with booze and rot
and when you ask her about school, the response is - " what the F...k do I care, it's my parent's money not mine!".
Old 02-04-2010 at 02:28 PM   #2
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Command "S" View Post
My roomie is quite intolerable, totally inconsiderate and to put it bluntly is "freakin" *****. She has created quite a drama when her boyfriend from "the other school" came to surprise her only to find her in the company of another boy toy. The ensuing fist fight earned her a reprimand (slap on the wrist) and banned her from having overnight visitors. Do you think that has stopped her? What are the options, - talking (or yelling) doesn't do anything, floor reps have proven to be ineffective (useless actually) and the residence reps have put me off till next week.
This has been just the tip of the iceberg ...
She is still having her boy toy crash over.
She has her "gal pals chat sessions" till the wee hours of the morning making it totally impossible to study.
she stumbles in late after her bar hoping - totally drunk only to turn the lights on at 3-4 in the morning
she's a total slob and hasn't help clean the room at all
uses my stuff constantly without asking
her fridge is stuffed with booze and rot
and when you ask her about school, the response is - " what the F...k do I care, it's my parent's money not mine!".
don't talk to your CA, they know shit.

make a complaint with housing services or whatever.
1. Go to that support desk.
2. Tell them your roommate hits you.
3. ?????
4. Profit!

j/k about #2, you did create a roommate contract at the beginning of the year right? look at that. Make sure she honors quiet hours. Tell her to shut up and if she doesn't, get the CA.
Show them the alcohol.
If she steals your stuff, hide your stuff. steal hers.

and lastly. post pics of this girl. it is customary on threads of this kind.

Last edited by Chad : 02-04-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: COC Complaint - Generalization about females
Old 02-04-2010 at 02:46 PM   #3
Command "S"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post

don't talk to your CA, they know shit.

make a complaint with housing services or whatever.
1. Go to that support desk.
2. Tell them your roommate hits you.
3. ?????
4. Profit!

j/k about #2, you did create a roommate contract at the beginning of the year right? look at that. Make sure she honors quiet hours. Tell her to shut up and if she doesn't, get the CA.
Show them the alcohol.
If she steals your stuff, hide your stuff. steal hers.

and lastly. post pics of this girl. it is customary on threads of this kind.
If they know shit - you know it and I know it but why doesn't anyone else get it. I question the whole CA position. Why bother? The support desk has put me off till next week and actually they were the one's who told me about the boy toy crap. And what is the point of having res when you have to hide all your worldly goods everytime you leave ... might as well build a wall and make a tiny room - smaller.

How many people actually make contracts, come on - how do you contract in "common sense" or for that matter basic human rights? Also the notion of honour doesn't seem to apply here - If she can't respect her parents what chance is there that this "Psycho" will respect a fellow student ... so far none!!!
Old 02-04-2010 at 03:22 PM   #4
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Command "S" View Post
If they know shit - you know it and I know it but why doesn't anyone else get it. I question the whole CA position. Why bother? The support desk has put me off till next week and actually they were the one's who told me about the boy toy crap. And what is the point of having res when you have to hide all your worldly goods everytime you leave ... might as well build a wall and make a tiny room - smaller.

How many people actually make contracts, come on - how do you contract in "common sense" or for that matter basic human rights? Also the notion of honour doesn't seem to apply here - If she can't respect her parents what chance is there that this "Psycho" will respect a fellow student ... so far none!!!
My last roommate back home was somewhat like this. She'd bring home guys all the time, make all kinds of noise, fed her kids with my food, etc, etc. I found the most effective thing was to fight fire with fire. As Vin Diesel said in Pitch Black: "It did not know who it was ****ing with".

I started with little things, like eating the food she'd buy for her kids after they all went to bed. Then I took and hid her Wii. My buddy and I went to the 'rippers and brought a couple of them home with us to keep drinking til 6 AM (just drinks, we're not completely stupid ). She still didn't learn.

So after she went to bed one night in the winter, I waited an hour, opened her bedroom window, and closed her door, so her room became a giant freezer. I ran the cold water in the bathtub for a few mins so it got nice and cold. Then I grabbed a bucket, filled it, and dumped it on her. Nothing like having cold water dumped all over you with an open window at 3 AM on a February night. She didn't sleep for the next couple nights thanks to her mattress being soaked (and the fear of what I'd do next), and toned her shit down pretty quick. And she didn't touch my food again.

Also, if you mix in stuff like barbecue sauce with her shampoo in the spring/summer, insects will be her new best friend. Don't put too much in though. Just enough for the bees and shit to get the scent of. Moderation is key.

adrian, camais, Deegs14, manu, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 02-04-2010 at 03:28 PM   #5
Cassanova

Liked: 30 Times

Have, you as in yourself talked to her?

Sounds like she needs an intervention. But yes you must post pics!
Old 02-04-2010 at 03:59 PM   #6
Command "S"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassanova View Post

Hey communication is the first thing that blew out the window
Old 02-04-2010 at 05:56 PM   #7
Kathy2
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

That really sucks. I know people might advise you to sit her down and talk to her, but with people like that, it rarely works.
I suggest complaining to whoever will listen to you complain. If nothing gets done, it's only a few more months, right..?

Sorry, roommate situations are crappy :(
Old 02-04-2010 at 06:40 PM   #8
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Piss/cum in her shampoo/conditioner bottles. (I'm dead serious)

Slowly, but surely, start pushing all her furniture inwards... essentially giving yourself more room and her less.

Mix the most vile ingredients you can think of and put it under her bed (credit to Jersey Shore for this one)

My personal favorite is the first one.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

jamescw1234, ytpos like this.
Old 02-04-2010 at 06:58 PM   #9
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassanova View Post

Or at least her name so we can Facebook stalk her ourselves.
Old 02-04-2010 at 08:24 PM   #10
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Although I don't have a solution...I would not suggest pranking her in any way. Think about it...if she's already a jerk towards you she will make your life (more) of a living hell once she figures out you've been messing with your stuff.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 02-04-2010 at 09:03 PM   #11
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Don't take that shit from no one!!!. YOu gotta fight back. When she sleeps..you turn those lights on!! When shes studying..you bring all your friends over!!!

And eventually the problem will get much worse and one of you will back out leaving the other victorious. Or so...thats how I assume it will go down.

My roomate is here 1/2 days a week. His side of the room looks like move in day...literally notihng there. But yea. I dont have much experience with this kinda stuff. So I cant guarantee that my methods would work.
Old 02-04-2010 at 11:12 PM   #12
Sideout

Liked: 6 Times

Be mature about how you handle your situation. You will quickly lose any possibility of getting any respect or sympathy from your roommate (not that it seems there is much at the moment) or from the people that can change room assignments if you retaliate with pranks.

Somehow, she needs to see things from your perspective. How would she feel if you used her stuff and prevented her from getting sleep?

Whether she chooses to stock booze in her fridge or go to class is her concern. It's not your money and it's not your future. Of course the two of you will need to talk things over if you share the fridge or her rotting food inside it turns your room into a stink bomb.

You really, really need to talk to her. When she comes back home, just close the door and say, "I'd like to talk to you about a few things that have been bothering me". Be civil, but firm. If this fails to get through to her, then talk to your residence staff. After all, there are a few more months left to go. If you silently let this brew, the stress will definitely have a negative effect on you.

These experiences are what make college or university life that much more meaningful. It teaches you about living with other people and growing up. It's about learning how to talk to people to resolve disputes in a peaceful fashion.
Old 02-04-2010 at 11:17 PM   #13
crazyfree
Elite Member

Liked: 284 Times

"I'd like to talk to you about a few things that have been bothering me"
I suggest holding a baseball bat, and hitting your other hand with it as you say this.

or... do it up Chris Hanson style. "Why don't you take a seat right there."

Either way, that sounds like a nightmare.

Old 02-04-2010 at 11:24 PM   #14
IbrahimH

Liked: 13 Times

Thank God I live in an apartment style residence!

If I were you, I would suggest avoiding her, getting earplugs while studying, or even using your residence's study rooms. And just tidy up your place enough so that your stuff is not within her reach.
Old 02-04-2010 at 11:35 PM   #15
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

I m glad i had a great roommate in first year and didnt have to deal with this! He was so kind to the point where he would shut all the lights in the room when i was sleeping even though he was still studying.

Flag likes this.