MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timetable looking Stupid!? Help! amitoj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-10-2010 06:59 PM
quick, probably stupid question =D DMe3 Academics 1 06-13-2010 02:20 AM
This sounds like a *really* stupid question, but it's been nagging at me... JEFF_CHAN Academics 2 09-08-2008 11:40 PM

Stupid is what stupid does

Old 02-04-2010 at 11:54 PM   #16
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

You should talk to your roommate, as many people have said. If you are looking to switch rooms, the Residence Life staff will not let that happen until you have at least attempted to discuss the issue. If you don't like/aren't comfortable with your CAs, go directly to your Residence Manager. The RM will likely be willing to sit the two of you down for an impartial mediation.
Old 02-05-2010 at 11:52 AM   #17
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

tell her bf
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences

sniderj likes this.
Old 02-05-2010 at 02:14 PM   #18
Bree_21

Liked: 10 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawleypop View Post
Piss/cum in her shampoo/conditioner bottles. (I'm dead serious)
awkwardddd....

don't do anything irrational, you have to be the bigger/better person if you want something done, if you retaliate then when this issue is finally looked at by higher positions you won't look like the victim, you'll look like you equally participated.

but i can't help but say that going to university/college and getting a roommate these things can potentially happen, i remember having 3 people in my room and trust me it was way worse. those acts with other boys were done IN my bed. the alcohol found was blamed on ME. just say "look, i want to be here, i worked hard to be here, and you need to let me sleep and study when I need to" . cry too if you can lol she'll feel bad.

KN1991, PolSci_Mike like this.
Old 02-05-2010 at 02:18 PM   #19
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

More like you'll look like a pansy.

This may take us back to grade school, but the only way to get a bully to stop beating you up is to beat him up back.

If OP shows roomate that this is war, she'll stop. No one wants their shit destroyed.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 02-05-2010 at 02:25 PM   #20

Liked: 31 Times

Take pictures of her piss drunk or making out with guys, etc. Date/time stamp them if you can if they are during when she should be at class. Look up her number in the phone book, assuming you know what city she's from and her last name, etc. And call her parents and get her home address and mail the pictures and a note to them explaining what they're money is going towards.

...And put the pictures up over every single networking site you can think of and link them in google. Leave a paper trail that she won't have an easy time getting rid of when she goes to start her career.

Or wait till she's sleeping and get everyone on your floor to do her in with a bar of soap like in Full Metal Jacket.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 02-05-2010 at 03:49 PM   #21
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
More like you'll look like a pansy.

This may take us back to grade school, but the only way to get a bully to stop beating you up is to beat him up back.

If OP shows roomate that this is war, she'll stop. No one wants their shit destroyed.
Your posts get progressively more annoying.
Sometimes I wonder if you can read what you type.
SERIOUSLY. We're all in university to get an education and hopefully come out more mature young adults, as compared to when we first started. Do you really think ANY of your suggestions are a way to accomplish that?

Alvin, Cassanova, FireDragoonX all say thanks to Geek for this post.

Bree_21 likes this.
Old 02-05-2010 at 03:51 PM   #22
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
SERIOUSLY. We're all in university to get an education and hopefully come out more mature young adults, as compared to when we first started. Do you really think ANY of your suggestions are a way to accomplish that?
No, my suggestions are a way to get OPs roomate to stop being a dirty little slut.

Can you read what you type? Did OP ask how to progress into a mature young adult? No.

Deegs14, sniderj like this.
Old 02-05-2010 at 03:58 PM   #23
Geek
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
No, my suggestions are a way to get OPs roomate to stop being a dirty little slut.

Can you read what you type? Did OP ask how to progress into a mature young adult? No.
I can guarantee you, with 99% confidence that following through with any of what you said will just land the OP in more trouble when this situation is finally dealt with in a proper manner. The OP asked for suggestions on how to handle an unco-operative roommate, and as a former CA, and as someone who has lived with roommates for three years, I know there are far more efficient methods to deal with that than peeing in someone's conditioner. I don't know where you got the idea that that was a good way to resolve a conflict. You're a classy one.

DarkReaper, PolSci_Mike like this.
Old 02-05-2010 at 03:59 PM   #24
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Quote:
I can guarantee you, with 99% confidence that following through with any of what you said will just land the OP in more trouble when this situation is finally dealt with in a proper manner. The OP asked for suggestions on how to handle an unco-operative roommate, and as a former CA, and as someone who has lived with roommates for three years, I know there are far more efficient methods to deal with that than peeing in someone's conditioner. I don't know where you got the idea that that was a good way to resolve a conflict. You're a classy one.
Where did I get the idea? One of my friends.
And it might have worked.

Old 02-05-2010 at 04:20 PM   #25
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

Quote:
I agree with this so much.
Old 02-05-2010 at 04:31 PM   #26
Bree_21

Liked: 10 Times

ditto .
Old 02-05-2010 at 05:02 PM   #27
adias

Liked: 1 Time

I don't know if your res has an intricate series of catwalks but you can always try what Bean did to Achilles in Ender's Shadow...

lawleypop likes this.
Old 02-05-2010 at 05:33 PM   #28
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by adias View Post
I don't know if your res has an intricate series of catwalks but you can always try what Bean did to Achilles in Ender's Shadow...
<3 Ender's Game (and the rest of the series and the parallel series)

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 02-05-2010 at 09:47 PM   #29
Joey

Liked: 17 Times

Ok if you have a good relationship with your floor mates use them. put the pressure on. have them comment on the mess. invite them over when she is driving you crazy. if she had a late night invite them over for an early morning study session. nothing too mean just annoying. That way you will also have many witnesses in close proximity if CAs get involved.
I feel your pain. My roommate last year was horrible. Completely ruined my second semester because I was so fed up. Try to spend time away and focus on other things it is 3 more months!

PolSci_Mike likes this.
Old 02-06-2010 at 07:59 AM   #30
Command "S"

Liked: 3 Times

Have been doin all that but in a single room everything is within reach - earplugs - ipod is the same but really what is the point of using the commons to "get away" - paying money for a res to avoid being there - how retarded is that.