MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any competitive CS players around? nawedc Gaming 6 11-05-2010 12:50 PM
Smash Brothers Brawl Tourney Dec.19th Pownz Gaming 0 11-28-2009 01:36 PM
SC Players WesPalladini Gaming 0 10-20-2009 05:04 PM
Super Smash Bros. anyone? JokrJon General Discussion 8 04-05-2009 04:56 PM
Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament Chad MacInsiders Announcements 5 10-23-2008 03:18 AM

Super Smash Brothers Melee Players in McMaster?

Old 06-02-2011 at 10:00 AM   #16
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovad View Post
Man, how can some people -still- play the original? Nostalgic, maybe. But it does -not- hold up well at all.

Melee is the franchise's best.
you be trolling man, the simplicity made it so good.
Old 06-02-2011 at 05:45 PM   #17
Grover
The Law
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 254 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmountain View Post
New Mortal Kombat game? Ohhhhhh yeahhhhh.
Mortal Kasual.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
you be trolling man, the simplicity made it so good.
Nah, not really. I just try to avoid letting nostalgia blind me. I'll never play Super Smash Bros. again for the same reason I'll never play, say, GoldenEye again. Outdated and outdone.

RyanC likes this.
Old 06-02-2011 at 10:42 PM   #18
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

I don't play brawl but I know how to play it. I see you know raidos. He's a pretty good snake player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint View Post
Real men play real fighting games.
It's still video games in the end. You play sc2...

N64 feels hard. I can't get into it. Feels like a lot of zero to death combos. Still better than brawl though :S.

Brawl is not really a video game...it's more like a developer's tool.
Old 06-04-2011 at 10:44 PM   #19
El Barto V

Liked: Liked 5 Times

Brawl is a fun game if your at a party and people are just playing for the heck of it but, I found the outcomes of each games to be very erratic.

Also, I can understand why the original smash brothers might be difficult for people who have not played it very much. It can be a pretty unforgiving game if your playing against people who are very good at it. That being said, it still is a very good game and not just for nostalgic reasons. The original has fairly simple controls and moves, plus the majority of the characters are weighted fairly evenly compared to each other (except for pikachu). It's also not as fast as melee, which I found can sometimes give you a headache after watching matches for more than an hour.
Old 06-04-2011 at 10:49 PM   #20
TedMosby

Liked: 34 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barto V View Post
Brawl is a fun game if your at a party and people are just playing for the heck of it but, I found the outcomes of each games to be very erratic.

Also, I can understand why the original smash brothers might be difficult for people who have not played it very much. It can be a pretty unforgiving game if your playing against people who are very good at it. That being said, it still is a very good game and not just for nostalgic reasons. The original has fairly simple controls and moves, plus the majority of the characters are weighted fairly evenly compared to each other (except for pikachu). It's also not as fast as melee, which I found can sometimes give you a headache after watching matches for more than an hour.
I'd say in the original, Kirby was the most unfair character to use.
Old 06-04-2011 at 11:22 PM   #21
El Barto V

Oh I admit that kirby is one of the best characters, especially with that downward A move that can kill almost any character at zero health. Pickachu is still commonly accepted as the most over powered character in the original smash brothers though.
Old 06-04-2011 at 11:34 PM   #22
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barto V View Post

agree with every word.
Old 06-04-2011 at 11:34 PM   #23
Krusenik
Elite Member

Isai seems like he can just win with any character in n64. I don't know much about n64 but I hear it's a pretty balanced and all characters are playable. :S
Old 06-05-2011 at 12:04 AM   #24
El Barto V

Well that is because

Old 06-05-2011 at 12:07 AM   #25
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Thinkin bout getting melee... im assuming its pretty sick since you have a group for it? haha
Old 06-05-2011 at 12:13 AM   #26
Krusenik
Elite Member

melee has a huge community despite being a rather old game now. I think it came out sometime early 2000s (2001? not sure)

It's a really fun, technical game with a lot of advanced play. The learning curve for this game is really really STEEP. At the competitive level technical skills are really high and lots of mind games are involved.

I'm really bad but I can still probably whoop everybody here at McMaster.

Don't be discouraged if you choose to pick up the game and have a difficult time struggling in the beginning.

epic tournament finals in melee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc

Entropy likes this.
Old 06-05-2011 at 12:27 AM   #27
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusenik View Post

epic tournament finals in melee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc
That was pretty ridiculous, hahahah.

I thought you were talking about the wii game, but... gamecube?
Old 06-05-2011 at 01:07 AM   #28
Krusenik
Elite Member

Yes, melee is on the gamecube. But it can also be played on the wii (backwards compatibility)
Old 06-05-2011 at 11:09 AM   #29
BigT905

Liked: 6 Times

i love all the games.. to much fun
Old 06-06-2011 at 04:45 PM   #30
Krusenik
Elite Member

Tell me what your spirit says
show me what you pray
teach me every single part
I'll be your guide
you are a prisoner
looking for to be..
you can change your face
but can't change your mind
no matter what do you do
no matter what do you do
no matter what do you do
no matter what do you do
no matter what do you do
no matter what do you do
no matter what do you do

Last edited by Krusenik : 06-06-2011 at 04:48 PM.