MacInsiders Logo
Old 04-27-2012 at 12:05 AM   #1
Vessi
Tiny

Liked: 44 Times

Supsup
Hey there

My name is Vanessa Lau and I'll be entering into the Faculty of Social Science this September 2012! I'm looking to major into Social Psychology, afterwhich I plan to go to Teacher's College (OISE!) and become an elementary teacher.

I'm so psyched to go to Mac next year!

apples12, Chad like this.
Old 04-27-2012 at 02:54 AM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Welcome to MI community and welcome to McMaster. I hope you enjoy your first year and hopefully you get to the major you wanted. Good Luck in September.
Old 04-27-2012 at 07:25 AM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Hey Vanessa! Great to see you on MacInsiders. I know a bunch of people that went to OISI, and I lived in Toronto for a while near UofT, it's a great area of Toronto. What are you planning to have as your teachables?
Old 04-27-2012 at 09:37 AM   #4
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Welcome to the MI community and McMaster University Vanessa. Feel free to ask any questions.
Old 04-27-2012 at 10:28 AM   #5
Vessi
Tiny

Liked: 44 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Hey Vanessa! Great to see you on MacInsiders. I know a bunch of people that went to OISI, and I lived in Toronto for a while near UofT, it's a great area of Toronto. What are you planning to have as your teachables?
Qualification for the primary/junior division doesn't require any teachables since it's very general and I will be teaching a bit of everything.

From the courses I plan to take so far, the only teachable I will be able to have is in Social Sciences (Pysch, Soc, etc), which is a teachable eligible for high school; however, I need an additional teachable which I do not have. The closest I have that I could make as a teachable which I'm interested in would be English since I plan to take Children's Literature and The Fairy Tale which would equal to 1 full course, but I'll need to take 4 other English courses since I require 3 full courses of that subject to make it a teachable.