MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-31-2010 at 06:22 PM   #1
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Swtor
Anyone planning on playing The Old Republic MMO when it comes out? I used to play SWG before it sucked, and a bunch of my old guildmates from there are gonna be playing TOR when it's released. Just wondering if anyone on here is planning on playing as well.

It looks like it's gonna be sick, and if the people playing it are the same ones that played SWG back in the day, it'll be a pretty kick ass community as well.
Old 08-31-2010 at 07:06 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

This is the only MMO or game in general I am looking forward to. Nothing can compare to SWG, but hopefully this comes close...

Wat server were ya? (Eclipse/Europe-Chimera)
Old 08-31-2010 at 07:38 PM   #3
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
This is the only MMO or game in general I am looking forward to. Nothing can compare to SWG, but hopefully this comes close...

Wat server were ya? (Eclipse/Europe-Chimera)
Agreed. SWG was the shit. Took a bit of a downturn at the CU, then bottomed out completely with the NGE crap. Missed being a Pre-CU Jedi by 2 days. I was 2 boxes short of getting Jedi Padawan at the CU launch. Finally got it the second day of the CU.

Played about 2 months on Starsider with guys from work, then switched to Bria. Bria was the shit. By far the coolest internet folk I've ever met. Many of them I still talk to regularly 3 years after quitting the game.

Were you there when Bria raided your server with the White Wookiees? Good times.
Old 08-31-2010 at 07:46 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeves View Post
Agreed. SWG was the shit. Took a bit of a downturn at the CU, then bottomed out completely with the NGE crap. Missed being a Pre-CU Jedi by 2 days. I was 2 boxes short of getting Jedi Padawan at the CU launch. Finally got it the second day of the CU.

Played about 2 months on Starsider with guys from work, then switched to Bria. Bria was the shit. By far the coolest internet folk I've ever met. Many of them I still talk to regularly 3 years after quitting the game.

Were you there when Bria raided your server with the White Wookiees? Good times.
Ye, I was pre-cu jedi.. it lost its fun once everyone was swinging around lightsabres haha.. when I wasn't running around as a bare-nuckled TK lizard laying the smack down on Imp players, I pretty much bounty-hunted jedi all day

Bria is wicked, but unfortunately I discovered it way too late :( I watched them raid a few servers, can't remember White WOokies

Good times.. **** SOE for killing such a great game :(
Old 08-31-2010 at 07:53 PM   #5
reeves
Jedi IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Bria is wicked, but unfortunately I discovered it way too late :( I watched them raid a few servers, can't remember White WOokies

Good times.. **** SOE for killing such a great game :(
Yeah, we raided Sunrunner with fat Rodians wearing nothing but chef hats, Chimera with White Wookiees, Starsider with Trandoshans, and some other one with zabraks. The wookies was by far the most successful. Bria was down, so someone suggested doing it on the Bria forums, and something like 1000 white Wookiees loaded in to Mos Eisley together, lagging everyone out, and ran around griefing everyone for like 2 days til Bria came back online.