MacInsiders Logo
Members have rated post #369753 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 05-14-2013 at 02:47 PM   #1
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Liked: 199 Times

Syria
http://www.independent.co.uk /news/...t-8615112.html

So... There's this video of Syrian anti-government fighter butchering a pro government soldier, and eating his heart. I ain't posting the video here because it's pretty nasty, but it is available on youtube.

Now, I wonder why all the western news aren't talking about it. Maybe it's because as long as the rebels fighting for democracy, cannibalism is ok.

What is your take on it?

"Now that's how you fight for freedom! Quebec, eat your heart out... sorta speak"
Old 05-14-2013 at 03:40 PM   #2
hilton

Liked: 42 Times

Impeach Obama.
Old 05-14-2013 at 04:18 PM   #3
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilton View Post
Impeach Obama.
Come on, it's not like he had sex with his secretary or anything.
Old 05-14-2013 at 04:39 PM   #4
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Simple, the US has no interests in Syria, so they couldn't care less even if it burns to the ground. It's not about the rebels, who's eating who's heart, it's just that Syria has no oil, and is not strategic to US policy, i.e. they don't give a crap about ending the civil war if it's not benefiting the US.
Old 05-14-2013 at 05:16 PM   #5
MrPlinkett
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Simple, the US has no interests in Syria, so they couldn't care less even if it burns to the ground. It's not about the rebels, who's eating who's heart, it's just that Syria has no oil, and is not strategic to US policy, i.e. they don't give a crap about ending the civil war if it's not benefiting the US.
Well, Mexico is the largest supplier of all kinds of drugs. If the US was interested in well-being of it's people (at least on paper), they would send troops there by now if they really cared, wouldn't they? So that logic doesn't always work.

Also US and it's NATO allies have been supporting rebels in the region for years now, so there's definitely some profit there.
Old 05-14-2013 at 07:03 PM   #6
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

At this point, I could care less about Syria and would prefer the government to claim victory. Heard some interesting opinions that the only time Western intervention could have been justified was the absolute beginning of the civil war. Before all the crazy Jihadists got involved. Now, it seems as though the nut job Islamists comprise the majority of the "Free Syrian Army". In quotations because it's more like a bunch of people with guns as opposed to a cohesive fighting unit.

With membership that has pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda and is on the US' terrorist list, I don't want to support them anymore. And if the FSA were to somehow overcome the government, it will most assuredly turn into a war between the seculars/moderates and the Islamists. And we all know the Islamists will win. A terrorist state imposing Sharia law isn't something the world needs. Especially since they'll be damn well trained after having fought years of war against a professional army.

Bad news bears.

RyanC likes this.
Old 05-14-2013 at 07:34 PM   #7
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

I honestly feel bad for what's going on in Syria right now, it's totally inhuman. I have seen many YouTube videos about how the FSA and the Syrian government are butchering each other. Basically, if the FSA gets their hand on a government soldier/officer they torture him to death. The same happens when the Syrian government captures an FSA member.

I feel bad for the innocent Syrians who suffered a lot and lost many loved ones. I hope the civil war ends soon, but unfortunately i know that won't be happening any time soon..

Naief says thanks to jim1 for this post.

*spark*, alyssarr like this.